Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Build up Computer (is this enough?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CPU:Intel Core i5-3570K 3.8Ghz (NOT planning on overclocking it)

Graphic Card:Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 1GB

RAM:Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM

OS:Windows 7 64bits (since the 64bits can stock over 4GB of ram)

Getting a build up this summer and the store his putting HUGE discounts on almost everything so its my chance

Tell me if i should change anything or add anything,also i'm curious wich motherboard should i put that is compatible with the RAM and the processor

[color=#37404e]So if you think this can run the Dolphin emu with no prob at all and other Emus such as the PS2s please tell me,THANKS![/color]
Some games aren't going to run fast enough without overclocking. Also, keep in mind that when you talk about emulators like these, you can't ask if "Dolphin" will run. All games can't be lumped into one category, they all run differently.
Quote: (NOT planning on overclocking it)
Not enough power for demanding games : SMG , TLS ...
Quote:i'm curious wich motherboard should i put that is compatible with the RAM and the processor
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or 6
If you can afford this much , I guess GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H won't be overkill
But most games will work fine with this CPU of course. So you've made the good choice Big Grin
Okay guys thanks alot of responding to me and sorry for not replying back so fast had some internet issues lately and already got done with 'ém.

Got a couple of questions though:

1-is it REALLY necessary to overclock a CPU? like i said i'm not planning to do that,and i would only play at the max 3 games (mostly WWE/F games and batman begins) if its not necessary is 3.5ghz enough for those games,to add up i'm totally not with overclocking cause i know nothing about it (is it easy? Tongue)

2-is the graphic card good? or should i choose another model?

3-same goes to the RAM.
Please guys i really want a quick answer,thanks !
1) - Which WWE games? WWE' 12 and WWE' 13 are demanding games; you will need to overclock to run them fullspeed. You may get good, playable speeds when Turbo Boosting using only 2 cores.

2) - That GPU is fine. You generally won't have any trouble unless you're attempting to do crazy-high settings (9xSSAA and 4x IR or greater).

3) - RAM doesn't matter a great deal in comparison to other components when it comes to Dolphin performance. As long as you have enough, Dolphin will run just fine (hint: 8GB is more than enough).
I don't want to play WWE'12 or WWE'13 cause i already have both of them on XBOX,i want to play WWE Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 and other old WWE games,are they demanding alot?
(05-18-2013, 04:16 AM)swifty98 Wrote: [ -> ]i want to play WWE Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 and other old WWE games,are they demanding alot?

They are
The Asrock Extreme 4 is at least where I live much cheaper than a UD5H.

If you don't plan on over clocking you could even get a h77 board, which is loads cheaper.
There are many decent cheap boards.
For mild overclocking you could get a cheap Z77 board.
Myself I have a cheap z77, a gigabyte z77-ds3h ($104 at newegg currently, and I've seen this cheaper than $100 too) and it has no issues running my i5-2500k at 4.3GHz (which I do on a daily basis).
I've also tested this board with 4.6GHz and it's not a problem. The reason I run 4.3GHz (with turbo to 4.4 when i don't use 4 cores) is that was where I felt The Last Story was running smooth, and I see no reason putting more strain on my hardware.
There are some downside to a cheap board, mine only has 2x SATA 3 ports, and I would love to have 4x. (It has 4x SATA 2, tho),
and there is no advanced settings for vcore when overclocking either. (This becomes a problem with higher over clocks)

If you are waiting until the summer, next gen Core I will be out,a nd possibly faster CPUs will be available.

As for 7950/7970 vs 670/680, I think I've read over the forums that 6xx series are better than 7xxx series in dolphin?

Bandwitdh does indeed help dolphin, but I went from a card with 172GBs to a card with 158GBs (GTX285 oc vs GTX660 oc), and the GTX660 is slightly faster in dolphin, although not as much faster as in PC games where it's almost 50% faster.

My GTX660 oc have no issues running all my games at 4x iR, and with some AA. The reason I choose that card was that it's better value for money than a 670, where it has 75% of the power and is 50% of the price Smile