Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help me, i cant get anything to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok hello everyone, i am brand new here and im still trying to get the hang of all the dolphin stuff, i find it very amazing!! however, i can't get it to work.

to start off, ive tried many different versions of dolphin and none of them seem to work. i correctly have an .iso file of a game i legally own, and it shows up in the main screen of dolphin. the banner shows up, it knows it exists. some of the versions i try say the emulation is "ingame" some say the problem is "other". its a Legend of Zelda: Windwaker NTSC game.

when i boot it up from most of the versions of dolphin, itll just say the "windows has encountered a problem has has to close dolphin, we have prepared an error report for you" thing. one i have had luck with is an older version from a while ago (sometime last year) called Dolphin_Final 1.03 Beta. itll show the intro, but has no sound, and doesnt let me play anything..

i really want this to work, you can ask me anything about my system if itll help, ive downloaded directx 9 and i have an ati graphics radeon xpress 200.. if that helps..

please and thank you in advance... my wii broke and i have a huuuge urge to play windwaker Smile
Hmm, please post your RAM, CPU (clockspeed, dual core or single or quad). Also post the settings you are using in dolphin, take a screenshot of the general tab and the general and advanced tab of the opengl plugin. My guess is your card is to weak, but I don't know and am going to look into it.

Edit: Yes it looks like your graphics card isn't good enough, simply purchasing a new graphics card should make dolphin work better, however, dolphin is a work in progress and if you don't have a really good cpu you wont see very good performance in game. My suggestion would be if you have a good system besides the gpu, simplly purchase a new one like a 8000 series nvidia or similar. This would be a cheap way to play all your wii and gamecube games. But if your CPU is under 2.5ghz dual core (this is not the minimum but a rough estimate of a cpu that will give you good speed) then you should go out and buy either a gamecube or a wii.
ugh.. now i feel dumb asking this. how do you determine ram and cpu? i have a pentium 4 intel processor, so its not dual core is it?
You can run Dxdiag to see your specs.
(07-23-2009, 03:54 AM)da coletrane Wrote: [ -> ]ugh.. now i feel dumb asking this. how do you determine ram and cpu? i have a pentium 4 intel processor, so its not dual core is it?

Um, i doubt it I don't know any p4s that are dual core, however I may be mistaken. right click my computer (if its not on your desktop go to start--> right click my computer and hit show on desktop) then hit properties and it should tell you ^^ . Even if your pentium 4 is a dual core i doubt it is over 2.0ghz which wont cut it for most games, I would buy a gamecube or wii ^^
ahah! ok found the stuff, my wii is getting fixed so yeah ill be able to play my real thing, but i just am curious and wanna see if i can this to work and stuff.

ok i have an hp computer, pentium 4 intel processor, 3.06 ghz, with 448 mb of ram
(07-23-2009, 04:00 AM)da coletrane Wrote: [ -> ]ahah! ok found the stuff, my wii is getting fixed so yeah ill be able to play my real thing, but i just am curious and wanna see if i can this to work and stuff.

ok i have an hp computer, pentium 4 intel processor, 3.06 ghz, with 448 mb of ram

448mb of ram is...well... cutting it close. I dunno the base requirements but 448 mb is probably not enough. and a 3.06 single core wont cut it either, sorry. Just wait or buy a gamecube, they are like 30 USD Tongue
sigh..... ok fineee Tongue
(07-23-2009, 04:07 AM)da coletrane Wrote: [ -> ]sigh..... ok fineee Tongue

thats right... GET OUT AND DONT COME BACK TILL U GET A GOOD COMP Big Grin Tongue just kidding but seriously you wont get much from dolphin on that system sorry
(07-23-2009, 04:04 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2009, 04:00 AM)da coletrane Wrote: [ -> ]ahah! ok found the stuff, my wii is getting fixed so yeah ill be able to play my real thing, but i just am curious and wanna see if i can this to work and stuff.

448mb of ram is...well... cutting it close. I dunno the base requirements but 448 mb is probably not enough. and a 3.06 single core wont cut it either, sorry. Just wait or buy a gamecube, they are like 30 USD Tongue
hey hey hey
i run dolphin on my 3Ghz P4 with HT Sad

shits halfspeed

EDIT: but i do have 2GB ram Tongue
Pages: 1 2