Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Synchronize GPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw this option on a few builds and was wondering what it was for or rather what games it was designed for? I did a quick search on the forums and came up with nothing useful.

Not really a big deal, just being curious.
Which builds?
This option was added when FIFO-BP branch was merged to Master branch. It solves freezes in a ot of games
Thanks LordVador. Is there a list of compatibility matrix for affected games? Or perhaps to ask a more directed question, what games require FIFO-BP (whatever that is) Smile
AFAIK .ini files have been updated for a lot of games that needed it. So the option should be checked when you launch these games.
As I said it may solve freezes so if some of your games have this kind of issue you can try to use this option. I'm currently testing some games and I'll update Wiki pages if necessary Smile
I'm fairly certain it was made for the GC game "Gladius" at the time the FIFO-BP branch was created.
Thanks Starscream. I tested it out on Mario Golf and all hell broke loose lol Smile
The option locks (syncs) the GPU clock to the CPU clock. Only Gladius and Speed Challenge need this option. Every other game should pretty much leave this disabled as it makes the emulator run slower.

The FIFO-BP branch contained many other fixes for freezes which are "always on".
(04-27-2013, 09:05 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]The option locks (syncs) the GPU clock to the CPU clock. Only Gladius and Speed Challenge need this option. Every other game should pretty much leave this disabled as it makes the emulator run slower.

The FIFO-BP branch contained many other fixes for freezes which are "always on".

OK. So "Sync GPU" doesn't even need to be checked to fix freezes. Thanks for rectifying Smile .

Btw could you explain what "Skip DCBZ" really does?
On the GC, there is a cache to speed up memory accesses, named the data cache. Dolphin does not emulate this cache because it would slow the emulator down a lot. The DCBZ is a command that games can use to clear the data cache. Most games need the data cache to be cleared to fix GC video corruption and freezes in some WiiWare games. However, Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy crashes if the data cache is cleared. This option skips over the DCBZ command and is used by Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy. Before this option was created, I tried to make an "auto" setting but it didn't really work out.