Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wondering if my computer specs are good enough for dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
-Intel Core 2 duo CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
-MSI R4830-T2D512 Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
-4Gigs of Ram
-150Gig HDD
- Windows Vista 64x

I played TVC, ran fine in menus, slow in game. Also played Chocobo's Dungeon and ran slow in cutscenes, not sure what a good GFx setting would be for my computer
Hell yes
Alright, cool, what are your settings on? and what version of dolphin you have?
[Core]
Dual Core: ON
Pad plugins: (I use different plugins for different players, to use keyb and joystick together)
Graphics plugin: OpenGL

[OpenGL plugin]
Res: 1024 x 768 windowed (so i can do serious multitasking Smile)
Overlay FPS: on (useful to see fps in fullscreen)
Native resolution: Off
OSD hotkeys: off

Everything else on default, newest rev possible all the time.
Some specific games might require other settings, just check the threads and you'll find them.
About speed, let's say it can run GC games at 85% speed average, wii games 60% avg.
Alright, going to try these settings out
overclock or else.
Won't run many games full unless OC. Maybe Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin 2 and perhaps Brawl just with lower FPS
^I agree with above. Your chip has a lot of unlocked potential. You should take it for a spin at 3.0Ghz.
He hasn't even tried many games and you guys are already telling him to overclock, sheeesh.
intel dual core at 2ghz is pretty good to play most games at a decent speed. i really dont recommend overclocking, yes it will raise your fps but in the long run it will diminish the life of your cpu. u have a fine system, u should keep it that way Smile
Pages: 1 2