Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin and SLI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Hey, i got 2x 680 4gb cards in sli and want the sli setup to work with dolphin. Is ths possible?
Currently Dolphin does not use/support more than one GPU so you can certainly set up your SLI but only one video card will be used.
That i know.

Just wondered if there where any tweaks to enable sli, but nvidia control panel didnt even have a "forced" sli mode on non supported games for this one.
Unfortunately SLI compatability is pretty much dependant on nVidia sending us people to help implement it. As a non-AAA-game program, Dolphin won't get any help.
Nvidia sends programmers to AAA game studios to help implement SLI? A few major partner studios might get that treatment but the vast majority have to do it themselves.
Excellent. Lets make neobrain do it himself.

However, both of the graphically intense games which I have the boxes for have either an nVidia logo, an AMD logo, or both. This isn't the best sample, though, as they're both pretty major titles.
(04-27-2013, 02:49 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia sends programmers to AAA game studios to help implement SLI? A few major partner studios might get that treatment but the vast majority have to do it themselves.
Nvidia will fix drivers to support sli on their own for pretty much all pc games, dolphin is in special situation since it's not a pc game..maybe someone should contact the nvidia about the issue...
Something will probably have to be changed in dolphin code as well...
GC emulation is unsuitable for any sort of dual-GPU processing, simple as that.
@rpglord

My point was that nvidia sending programmers to aid in development is not the same thing as nvidia optimizing their drivers around a particular games implementation.

Plus neobrain is right. It wouldn't help anyways.