Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SO CONFUSED????><><>??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

jacobcool

Ok so My games will play through the title screen and I can even select a game mode it will even play cutscenes however there is no actual playing happening because before it gets to the game it goes to a big black screen of no fun. I have jarred my settings 13 different ways i just reset to best performance spec from this site. I think my graphics card is weak but it doesnt make sense because it does everything else except actually load the gameplay??? Penny for your thoughts???? If it would help I can post a video.
This is not enough information. What are your specs? What games are you trying to play? Why do you use annoyingly large fonts? Why do you have strange characters in your thread title?

If you can post a video, that's great. But it won't help us until we have other information, and probably won't even be necessary once we do have that information.
I have no idea what he's trying to say but after looking at his profile:
Quote:Video Card/GPU: mobile intel® 965 express chipset family

I'm amazed he's able to run dolphin at all without immediately getting an error message.
Well, I did manage 100% speed in the SSBB menus using only an Intel GMA 945M. It would crash after that (this is on Linux, if it makes a difference). It's the laptop I use for school. I actually don't have a computer that can even run LoZWW at better than 7 fps (still on Linux, Windows with D3D9 made only a negligible difference)...

jacobcool

(04-25-2013, 01:23 PM)Tallix Wrote: [ -> ]This is not enough information. What are your specs? What games are you trying to play? Why do you use annoyingly large fonts? Why do you have strange characters in your thread title?

If you can post a video, that's great. But it won't help us until we have other information, and probably won't even be necessary once we do have that information.

Intel® core™ 2DUO CPU

2ghz 2 gb ram

Mobile Intel® 965 express chipset family

direct 3D9

legend of zelda wind waker

and all other roms: SSB Melee and DBZ sagas

and large fonts may have been an inexcusable incedent. Strange characters include frustration, retardation, and other useless nonsense.
Your computer is too old/slow and your IGP (Intel 965) is not supported. In other words, you can't use Dolphin with that PC.

jacobcool

ok well what new graphics card do you recommend I have never done any of my own PC hardware installation but do you think its possible? It will run everything else except gameplay i dont understand why it would run the title all the menus and the opening cut scenes if it could not support the gameplay and i am a super newb at this but im just asking for some help and my family chipset is not so hardcore and I have an old sony vaio laptop.

(04-25-2013, 01:57 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer is too old/slow and your IGP (Intel 965) is not supported. In other words, you can't use Dolphin with that PC.

ok well thanks i figured im just suprised it ran everything but the gameplay. What do you recommend i do? Get a new PC or update my graphics card? i paid $150 for this laptop.
You can't upgrade the gpu in a laptop, generally speaking.
Your problem is most likely that your graphics card just isn't good enough (sorry if I sound rudely blunt). You can spend about $35 on an upgrade that will play Dolphin fluently on the lowest settings, according to the Graphics Card Minimum Specs thread (the linked card barely meets the requirement, I would do some research and spend a little more if I were you).

This is, of course, assuming you have a desktop... which you don't, according to your graphics card.
My best guess it that it was supposed to crash and throw an error message but it didn't. The video backend stopped working and just kept drawing empty (black) frames instead. This is either an issue with the drivers (Intel is famous for having GPU drivers that are supposed to support certain specs yet actually don't) or with dolphin (an exception somewhere either being lazily written or not written at all). It's not unusual for old GPUs to be able to run some shaders fine and crash when running others so I guess that explains why it was able to render the main menu.

jacobcool Wrote:What do you recommend i do? Get a new PC or update my graphics card? i paid $150 for this laptop.

Get a new PC.
Pages: 1 2