Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low budget good build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to be making a new comp soon. I'm on a medium budget, and was thinking about getting these parts (sorry if i make some bad choices)
AMD FX 4100
gigabyte ga-78lmt
kingston hyperx 8gb
Thermal take tr-700
Geforce GTX 650
I want to play wind waker, i-ninja, custom robo, twilight princess, skyward sword, metroid trilogy, and super mario galaxy
with decent resolution
None of those games are going to run at full speed with that processor.
Amd fx series is not a good choice. SMG and Metroid Trilogy will not play well on your proposed build. Go intel for cpu it beats amd at every price point for dolphin.
Thanks
how would an intel i5 3570k work? I hear a lot of good things about it.
Yes, and if you do that you need a new mobo as well
T1000 the 3570k is currently the best choice for dolphin.
If you wanted to save a little bit of money, then you could buy a cheaper graphics card and play at 3x IR rather than 4x IR which your currently selected card is capable of, according to the video card minimum specifications thread.
As for i5 3570k's mobo . get the best bang for buck Asrock Z77 Extreme 3 or 4
(04-25-2013, 12:10 PM)T1000 Wrote: [ -> ]how would an intel i5 3570k work?

Most games will work fine. You can expect full-speed in almost all games if you overclock
(04-25-2013, 11:41 AM)T1000 Wrote: [ -> ]i-ninja, custom robo, twilight princess, skyward sword, metroid trilogy, and super mario galaxy
Low budget isn't going to cut it for these guys, but CPU's like the i5-2400 stand at the borderline between price and performance.
Pages: 1 2