Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: REALLY bad FPS in Monster Hunter Tri?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm trying to play Monster Hunter Tri with Dolphin. At the menus, it's fine. Works great, no errors. Until I get to the character creation screen. Then my FPS drops down to 1fps. I looked at the wiki, and my specs don't seem like they're bad enough for this game. Shouldn't I be able to run this? Am I doing something wrong?

i5 3.3ghz
Radeon hd 6770
8 gigs ram
"i5 3.3GHz" doesn't mean anything. Which i5 processor is it exactly?
(04-25-2013, 10:39 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]"i5 3.3GHz" doesn't mean anything. Which i5 processor is it exactly?

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
Video Card/GPU: Radeon Sapphire HD 6770
Memory/RAM: 8 Gigabytes
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.5
Then you're doing something wrong beacause your CPU should run this game just fine.

Does the game drop to 1 FPS and freeze/hang/crash? What happens? give us more details
(04-25-2013, 10:46 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Then you're doing something wrong beacause your CPU should run this game just fine.

Does the game drop to 1 FPS and freeze/hang/crash? What happens? give us more details
Well, It's on the character creation screen, where all it shows is just the model of the character and options, but I can see the character moving still, so it's not frozen. I can't press any buttons though, it does nothing. I have the controls set up properly. It says FPS:1 VFPS:60
Your game seems to hang for any reason. A bug with your iso I guess. You should try to redump
Before I do that, I want to do this

Gamecube BBA support: Gamecube games supporting online mode using Nintendo's BBA (ethernet adapter) can now be played online on Dolphin. This includes Mario Kart: Double Dash 8 players mode support, as well as Phantasy Star Online.

Gamecube microphone support: The 6 Gamecube games using a microphone (Mario Party 5/6 for example) can now use your system configured microphone to get audio input.

WBFS support: If you dumped your games as WBFS files in order to play your dumps on a real Wii, you can now use the same WBFS files on Dolphin. WBFS includes features such as compression and splitted files (to avoid the FAT32 4GB file size limit).

Free replacement for the DSP LLE ROMs: DSP LLE normally requires you to dump ROMs from your real Wii. This free replacement, while working only with some Mario and Zelda games, removes this requirement.

Wiimote support on OS X Mountain Lion: The latest version of Mac OS X brings several Bluetooth changes, breaking Wiimote support with Dolphin 3.0. Dolphin 3.5 supports real Wiimotes, including MotionPlus addon, on OS X 10.8.

TAS and recording improvements: Read only mode, better determinism, more checks to avoid using wrong settings or wrong version of a game when playing back a movie, bongo recording support.

FreeBSD support: Rather theoretical than anything else, but worth a note. OpenGL backend may or may not work for you.

UI refinements: New wiimote configuration dialog, improvements to the game list sorting, minor changes to simplify usage.

Wii disc integrity checking: Use Dolphin to check if your dumped Wii game is corrupted.

Improvements to the custom textures feature: Improved stability, added support for custom mipmaps, removed texture size limit.

Shader cache optimizations: Reduced stuttering to a point where Red Steel 2 got playable with full FPS.

A lot of minor emulation fixes: Texture preloading implementation, better FIFO emulation, HLE audio fixes, more accurate DSI/FPU exceptions, ...

It says in 3.5 there's an wii integrity checker, how do I use that?
Right-click the game in the game list, hit Properties, go to the Filesystem tab, and right-click the game partition and click "Check Partition Integrity".
Alright.... It was messed up but I guess that fixed it, lol thanks.