Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: low fps in wind waker and games in general
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, i'm fairly new here and was just wondering if i could get some help please

i recently obtained an alienware m14x(it was a gift Tongue) and i noticed that everygame i've tried to run in it gets very low frames, for instance wind waker only gets like 18~22 fps on native and is rather choppy

here are my specs
i7 3630qm 2.4 ghz/ 3.4 ghz with turbo boost
nvidia 650m
8 gigs of ram

i looked at other threads and followed the steps to no avail
i set dolphin as a high processor activity in the nvidia control panel and i set my laptop battery to high performance. does anybody have any ideas? please and thank you Smile
Settings? Have you checked your temps?
now wind wakers running too fast :/, not sure why but i had to guess why id say its because i plugged my laptop in, if thats the case then i feel really stupid and apologize to anyone who wasted their time on my thread

now that its running ok again i have a different problem, the games running too fast, i set the frame limit to 30 and checked limit by fps but the music in the game is still playing too quickly, speed is 200% btw, any suggestions?

and again my bad Sad
also whats the difference between speed and fps? does having low fps and high speed or vice versa somehow balance itself out?
Set Framelimit to "Audio"
(04-24-2013, 09:40 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Set Framelimit to "Audio"
alright i set it to audio, but now my fps is only 15 and my speed is 100, is this normal?

edit nvm, iit was because i had speed hack on, thanks again