Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri: Low speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dragyou

Hello! I've been having troubles with Monster Hunter Tri. My computer specs are as follow:

CPU: AMD FX-8120 (Clocked in at 2.8ghz, 8-core)
GPU: ATI 7850 OC 2gb
RAM: 8gb Corsair

And I've been using the following settings and game properties:
http://imgur.com/a/Xvrms

I've tried playing around with them but they only increases by 1-2 fps. In the village I get about 15-20 fps, and outside of the village without any monsters I get about 25. The game is near unplayable although I don't see why my computer isn't handling this properly. I'm using the stable build as the latest builds just cause stutters and my game to crash. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
AMD FX cpus need to be clocked at 4 ghz or more to get good speed...

dragyou

(04-22-2013, 05:25 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]AMD FX cpus need to be clocked at 4 ghz or more to get good speed...
Well, I wish that was posted somewhere clear before I spent a good 4 hours trying to figure out why my game was running slow. I guess I'll be overclocking now, even though that was the last thing I wanted to do. Thanks!

Quick edit: OC'd my CPU to 3.5ghz, seems stable and isn't getting too hot. Getting around 28-35 fps in all areas, thanks for the help!