Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Slows down after about 3-5 min of playthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That happens in every game, Im quite new to the emulation scene but I think that I have my settings working well with my pc
please help me as soon as possible this is quite anoying I mean I can play games well but they slowdown lots of fps after 3 or 5 minutes of playthrough.
Thanks in advance
(04-22-2013, 04:53 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]I have my settings working well with my laptop

I rectified that for you.

You should check your temperature. You might be overheating.

Also your CPU is a bit weak for this kind of emulation. Which games have you been trying to play?
(04-22-2013, 04:58 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2013, 04:53 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]I have my settings working well with my laptop

I rectified that for you.

You should check your temperature. You might be overheating.

Also your CPU is a bit weak for this kind of emulation. Which games have you been trying to play?
Xenoblade and New super mario bros, my cpu sucks I know it's a pitty Tongue but damn how is it possible to overheat it so much? I would really like to keep the emulator it's such a great piece of software, but if that is the case then I will remove it...
You ARE connected to the power cable when playing correct? Also make sure you are on high performance.
(04-22-2013, 05:03 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]Xenoblade and New super mario bros, my cpu sucks I know it's a pitty Tongue but damn how is it possible to overheat it so much?

Dolphin is CPU dependent. Xenoblade is a demanding game. It asks a lot from your system. NSMB should work more "decently" 'cause it's a light game
XBC isn't that demanding, HLE or LLE audio. HLE audio runs just fine at stock clocks for me (3.3GHz) dunno about LLE on stock but 3.8GHz seems to be more than enough. Even so, XBC is probably too much for the OP's current CPU.
(04-22-2013, 06:57 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]You ARE connected to the power cable when playing correct? Also make sure you are on high performance.
Im always yeah.

(04-22-2013, 07:33 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2013, 05:03 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]Xenoblade and New super mario bros, my cpu sucks I know it's a pitty Tongue but damn how is it possible to overheat it so much?

Dolphin is CPU dependent. Xenoblade is a demanding game. It asks a lot from your system. NSMB should work more "decently" 'cause it's a light game
unfortunetly it hapened at all the games I tried, be it demanding or not sooner or later I have slowdowns in any game
(04-23-2013, 04:16 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunetly it hapened at all the games I tried, be it demanding or not sooner or later I have slowdowns in any game

(04-22-2013, 04:58 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]You should check your temperature. You might be overheating.
how do I check the temperature without starting the bios? Tongue
(04-23-2013, 04:46 AM)LuSan Wrote: [ -> ]how do I check the temperature without starting the bios? Tongue

There are good PC tools for that. Real Temp for example ( http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ )
Pages: 1 2