Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Some (but not all) games do nothing after intitla loading screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Games like Luigi's mansion and Super Mario Sunshine work, but games like Zelda Wind Waker or Mario Kart Double Dash don't work. The initial loading screen with the big red Nintendo logo works, but once it fades to black nothing happens. How can I fix this?

Nvidia is set to force Dolphin to use my 620m, and I'm using DX11 and have the first Nvidia 620m selected (the second one just crashes Dolphin). I can produce any other configurations you ask for, but I'm pretty sure this is the only relevant one I changed.

Thanks
Download the latest development build from the official site -> http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Tell everyone on the internet to stop using the 3.5-367 build that was downloaded from the unofficial site. Smile

Check the game discussion section and look in the "game thread index" thread to find your game. If your game is generally seen as having no major issues, the chances are good that you game file is bad.
Whaaaaat that WAS NOT the official one? It was what Google gave me...

I thought it was odd how I had to go to another website for the official forum...

I switched to the OFFICIAL Official one, and same problem. And I can confirm the only changes I made is to set the graphics to DX11/620M and configure my Gamepad (afterwards I dropped audio sample rate to DSound 32000Hz as it's now scratchy.
I upgraded to the OFFICIAL Official one. Still the same problem. All I did was set NVidia Control panel to force Dolphin to use the 620M, set Dolphin to Dx11/HD4000 (uses the 620 though), audio to Xaudio2/38000MHz, and configured my controller
Hello? and I know for a fact that my game files are good, as they were working before (albeit sluggish, as I was still setting up graphics mode). I even checked the original files, before I used GCMUtility to compress them
I swear Mario Kart was working before, but it might've been a fluke. All of my other games work (but Zelda is still sluggish). I'll try redumping Mario Kart.

I can't seem to be able to delete posts, as I intended to consolidate everything to one, at least until I get home and can redump the rom.
I probably should've checked the issues list before redumping the rom. Problem was that MK DD's into video didn't work, and it could be skipped by pressing start.

Sigh. Mario Kart is just not the same without music.