Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Optimal Settings for Twilight Princess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing Twilight Princess on 3.5-1246 for a day or so now. I was previously doing Kirby Air ride, and had no consistent speed issues with that. But now, with TLOZ - TP, every time I enter a large world zone, except Lake Hylia for some reason, my frame rate drops to around 20 fps, the music slows down, the whole game just starts running at 2/3 speed. in dungeons and villages, etc something not really big, it's a consistent 30 fps. I've tried altering the internal resolution by changing it in game and I get these results:
1x - 20 fps
1.5x - 20 fps
2x - 20 fps
2.5x - 19 fps
3x - 10 fps
4x - 3 fps
I have been doing it at 2x IR and just dealing with the lag, but it's starting to bother me.
All the other settings are default with the 3d9 backend
Specs:
4gb ram
i5 2410m @ 2.3 Ghz
nVidia 4200m
Win 7 x 32
Dell Latitude E5620

Is there a specific setup for the settings, or an alternate version of Dolphin I should use? I was using 3.5 before, but that caused very frequent crashing in kirby air ride.
Thanks!
Nvidia 4200m = Nvidia GT 520M which is slow for high internal resolution (2xIR and higher depending on the game)
CPU is slow for Zelda TP . If you get 20 FPS or lower FPS on Hyrule Field , that's completely normal
Zelda TP is a CPU intensive game , you will need i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz or higher to run that game full speed everywhere
(04-20-2013, 06:29 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nvidia 4200m = Nvidia GT 520M which is slow for high internal resolution (2xIR and higher depending on the game)
CPU is slow for Zelda TP . If you get 20 FPS or lower FPS on Hyrule Field , that's completely normal
Zelda TP is a CPU intensive game , you will need i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz or higher to run that game full speed everywhere
Thanks!