Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMG and i5-3570k problem ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I realized something today while I was playing Super Mario Galaxy, my i5-3570k is not overclocked at the moment because I was running it at 4.4 ghz (1.25v), and because I want it to last a very long time I under clocked it to default core speed and voltages (auto).

My SMG config is using DSP-LLE and Run DSP-LLE on a dedicated thread, my cpu is getting temps of 45ยบ C while playing at 1.5 IR at 60 stable fps, and I'm wondering...
  • How comes I can run it at a stable 60 fps with DSP-LLE on and no overclock on?
  • I can't increase IR over 1.5 otherwise my fps will drop (using HD 6670 GDDR5 1 GB, 1080p Monitor)
These are all my thoughts.

Here's a demonstration:

[Image: mariogalaxy.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you all for your help,
Venezuela Guy.
Hmm, interesting. The 7000 series GFX cards (or something) used to have problems revving up to full speed for Dolphin. Maybe that's why your GPU is failing to live up to expectations?
He has a 6xxx card though
The gpu can itself be cpu bottle necked. This may be what you are experiencing. If you want to know for sure OC again and see if you can use a higher IR. If you can than your cpu is bottle necking your gpu. I have seen this happen myself while testing dolphin with stock vs oc cpu.
When my CPU is overclocked to lets say 4.4 Ghz I can run 3x IR on SMG with 60 stable fps.
Quote:HD 6670 GDDR5
but your sig say GDDR3
The GDDR3 version has only 28.8GHz memory banwidth . Because SMG is GPU intensive game , 6670 GDDR3 definitely bottleneck CPU at 2xIR
In this case , you have 2 choices :
_Overclock your CPU to get more speed . You have 3.8GHz which is not fast enough
Quote: because I want it to last a very long time
You want your CPU to last 20 years or sth . Overclocking should not damage CPU that much unless you used very high voltage
_Replace your GPU with GTX 660 to use 4x IR , GTX 650 or GTX 650 Ti Boost(prefer this one) to use 3xIR
(04-20-2013, 10:27 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:HD 6670 GDDR5
but your sig say GDDR3
The GDDR3 version has only 28.8GHz memory banwidth . Because SMG is GPU intensive game , 6670 GDDR3 definitely bottleneck CPU at 2xIR
In this case , you have 2 choices :
_Overclock your CPU to get more speed . You have 3.8GHz which is not fast enough
Quote:because I want it to last a very long time
You want your CPU to last 20 years or sth . Overclocking should not damage CPU that much unless you used very high voltage
_Replace your GPU with GTX 660 to use 4x IR , GTX 650 or GTX 650 Ti Boost(prefer this one) to use 3xIR
I've HD 6670 GDDR5 a friend gave it to me brand new from XFX, i can't buy new video cards they cost 300% more than the real U.S price here in Venezuela.