Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia (GC) & Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, ending issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I would like to ask for a little help, as I have not been able to find an answer (the same issue for others) browsing.
You see, after the credits (of BOTH games :S, so maybe it is something I am doing wrong) nothing happens. I mean, it should allow me to save my file and start a new game using my grade right? But it doesnt! It just stays in the screen "Namco Bandai, All Rights Reserved" (Tales of Symphonia for GC) and "Fin" (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) [I think depending on which ending, good/normal/bad you get, it changes between "The end" and "Fin", but anyway...]

What am I doing wrong? (as I think it is not a problem of the emulator, I can still load and save at any moment with Shift+F1/F2/etc.) I have trying deactivating any hacks I may have used, and even re-trying final battles (and played aaaaall damn end scenes again, hehe...)

Thank you for your help!
A) Save states break shit all the time. Rely on in-game memory card saves, and only use save states if you're in a pinch.
B) You're using an old build; try the current one from the official site: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(04-19-2013, 10:28 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]A) Save states break shit all the time. Rely on in-game memory card saves, and only use save states if you're in a pinch.
B) You're using an old build; try the current one from the official site: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Thanks, I will try only using save file to beat the final part of the game, then. (cause until i'm not sure that it is the only way, i will not start everything all over again!)
btw, I use dolphin 3.5-367, do I still need to try dolphin 3.0? And if so, how do I transfer my files? it crashes when i load them after copy-pasting them in the "savestate" folder

Thank you!
No, don't bother with stable 3.0 or 3.5 (they're both older than 3.5-367), just go with the latest development build (scroll down a bit).

Save states also aren't compatible with builds other than the ones they're created on. Memory card saves are fine, though. (For an easier migration, just drag the whole User folder from the old build into the new one, replacing the new one's User folder. But don't use the old save states, of course.)
(04-19-2013, 12:05 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]No, don't bother with stable 3.0 or 3.5 (they're both older than 3.5-367), just go with the latest development build (scroll down a bit).

Save states also aren't compatible with builds other than the ones they're created on. Memory card saves are fine, though. (For an easier migration, just drag the whole User folder from the old build into the new one, replacing the new one's User folder. But don't use the old save states, of course.)
heh, I'm a mess! Tongue
well, not using the states worked, just like you said!
thanks a lot! im quite new with this stuff...
any game recommendations, please? Tongue
(04-19-2013, 12:05 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]No, don't bother with stable 3.0 or 3.5 (they're both older than 3.5-367), just go with the latest development build (scroll down a bit).

Most games work fine with them though. It's often a good alternative.

(04-19-2013, 12:15 PM)lken1995 Wrote: [ -> ]any game recommendations, please? Tongue

Sure. Just tell us what kind of game you like.
RPGs probably Big Grin : Skies of Arcadia, Lost Kingdoms 1/2, Fire Emblem, Baldur's Gate, Baten Kaitos 1/2, Phantasy Star... are good GC games. I'll add Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory 1/2... for the Wii
(04-19-2013, 09:32 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Hello!
well... i'm sorry to keep bothering, but.. problem has come down to this:
I decided to finish all side-quests (with Sheena Big Grin) in my old save file (by old I mean before beating final boss...) since I saw everything was working perfectly and the initial problem had been solved;
now I have completed every side-quest I wanted, yet when trying to beat the game I encounter the same problem than before, screen goes "Namco, all rights reserved...." after credits, and I can't watch final scenes or save game file to start a new game with grade...
I havent used save state files, and did the same steps I had done when I tried what you told me and everything worked fine.
mmm.. well i have been trying to change the emulator version, but for some reason the memory card I copy and paste in the other emulator is not being read :S
Thank you, again!
(04-19-2013, 09:32 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Most games work fine with them though. It's often a good alternative.

(04-19-2013, 12:15 PM)lken1995 Wrote: [ -> ]any game recommendations, please? Tongue

Sure. Just tell us what kind of game you like.
RPGs probably Big Grin : Skies of Arcadia, Lost Kingdoms 1/2, Fire Emblem, Baldur's Gate, Baten Kaitos 1/2, Phantasy Star... are good GC games. I'll add Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory 1/2... for the Wii
I failed to see your reply
(04-22-2013, 02:35 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]I failed to see your reply
Hello!
well... i'm sorry to keep bothering, but.. problem has come down to this:
I decided to finish all side-quests (with Sheena [Image: biggrin.gif]) in my old save file (by old I mean before beating final boss...) since I saw everything was working perfectly and the initial problem had been solved;
now I have completed every side-quest I wanted, yet when trying to beat the game I encounter the same problem than before, screen goes "Namco, all rights reserved...." after credits, and I can't watch final scenes or save game file to start a new game with grade...
I havent used save state files, and did the same steps I had done when I tried what you told me and everything worked fine.
mmm.. well i have been trying to change the emulator version, but for some reason the memory card I copy and paste in the other emulator is not being read [Image: confused.gif]
Thank you, again!

Oh, well.. nevermind, I found a way to fix it! (: