Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Having a little issue with speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well...

If I set "Enable Dual Core (speedup)"

The FPS stays at perfect 60 (Unless I disable V-sync, then it goes out of control, 150+ fps) for Tales Of Symphonia. However, the VPS and Speed are out of control in this case. Speed is going from 250% to 300%, making the music in the game, and voice acting go really fast, but the animations, gameplay itself is at normal 60 fps (except on world map, where I think the fps should be 30, but it still stays 60, and everything is moving too fast)

If I disable the dual core, I go to around 55-56 fps, same for vps, and speed is at 94%, and everything drops a bit lower in battle.

So I'm in a bind here.

Is there any way to set everything to run normally?

I mean, at certain settings, I get like, almost 200 fps, 300% speed. If the PC can handle that much, shouldn't there be some kind of limiter, to set it at 100%, or at least close, like 105%? 99? Or something like that.

Its either going too fast, or not fast enough, I can't find a good setting, whatever I try. And god knows, I've tried so many different settings.

So, to sum it up, I need a setting that will keep my fps at 60, and speed at around 100% - 105%.
Setting the frame limit to Auto doesn't work fine?
(04-18-2013, 08:20 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Setting the frame limit to Auto doesn't work fine?
Nope. Tried all the options in there, as well. Auto, Audio, Off, Everything from 10 to 60. All with "Limit by FPS" checked and unchecked. There are differences, but none help the case.
Try to use "VBeam". Right click your game, go into Properties and check the option
@LordVador
Tried that, as well. But just to be sure, does it need to be "Check" sign, or just filled square? I changed it to check sign. I'm guessing that's it, but checking it doesn't help either.
(04-18-2013, 09:43 AM)Skygrinder Wrote: [ -> ]But just to be sure, does it need to be "Check" sign, or just filled square?

Yeah tick it (with a cross). Got this only in TOS?
It's the only game I'm playing on the emulator, and planning to buy the sequel, if I manage to finish ToS, with some good quality gameplay. So I'm trying to make it work at some normal speed.

I guess I can download some ISO, just to test if it's only ToS, or every game.

I'll let you know tomorrow, going to sleep now.