Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Troubles, i7-2600k & GTX 670
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CrazyNinja

Hi. I'm new to these forums, but i think that may be irrelevant, so i'll get to the point. I just recently got a fairly nice computer, and i figured i would finally start emulating games because i felt i had the hardware to. I tried playing Windwaker, but i noticed my FPS never went higher than 61, and mostly stayed at 30 fps or lower, on pretty much all settings (just about the same performance on a high internal resolution and a lot of AA as lowest internal resolution and no AA at all, and etc). I'm wondering if possibly there's a setting i am not understanding? I would really like to have a higher framerate.

I believe the important specs are:
-MSI Z68A-G43 (G3)
-Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
-32GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why would you need higher FPS than 60FPS ?
Games are designed in this way :
PAL : 25 or 50FPS
NTSC : 30 or 60FPS
Zelda WW is a 25/30FPS game , 50/60FPS is double speed (60FPS is the max speed on title screen though)
You can turn framelimit off , disable audio throtle and Vsync to see higher FPS but it would be too fast to play
Set framelimit = 30FPS and tick "limit by FPS"

CrazyNinja

Alright. My main issue though is that it will dip down into the teens occasionally. Is that normal, given my specs?
Quote:My main issue though is that it will dip down into the teens occasionally
What do you mean ? Occasional Slowdown ? I don't think so
There is Zelda WW benchmark , your CPU is pretty fast for this light-weight game
Try EFB copies to texture instead of RAM , 4x Internal Res , 2x MSAA (direct3d11), 16x AF

CrazyNinja

Ah, okay, i got it figured out and fixed now. Thanks for the help!