Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Code: Veronica X broken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any idea when this game will be fixed? Intro to the game don't work, missing textures, framerate issues, and lag.
Have you had a look at the Dolphin Wiki entry for this game? It won't be 100%, but you can make it more playable. The missing textures can be solved by disabling EFB Copies. Frame rate and lag could be taken care of with some overclocking. Your profile says you're i5-3570K is at stock (3.4GHz) though I can't remember if you said you've OCed it or not. If you haven't, try bumping it up a little.

Other than that, start grabbing FIFO logs and making issues on Dolphin's Google Code page. Check for duplicates first and be sure to fill out all the necessary info. The devs won't know there's a problem until someone brings it to their attention Wink
(04-16-2013, 03:45 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had a look at the Dolphin Wiki entry for this game? It won't be 100%, but you can make it more playable. The missing textures can be solved by disabling EFB Copies. Frame rate and lag could be taken care of with some overclocking. Your profile says you're i5-3570K is at stock (3.4GHz) though I can't remember if you said you've OCed it or not. If you haven't, try bumping it up a little.

Other than that, start grabbing FIFO logs and making issues on Dolphin's Google Code page. Check for duplicates first and be sure to fill out all the necessary info. The devs won't know there's a problem until someone brings it to their attention Wink
Yeah I read about it on the wiki, was just wondering when they might fix it. No I am not overclocked. How do I grab FIFO logs?
Getting a FIFO log is easy, takes like 3 seconds. It's not nearly as hard or technical as it sounds :p

http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=FifoPlayer

Just upload that somewhere (preferably not as an attachment on Google Code, use MediaFire, Mega, DropBox, etc) when you make an issue and link to it.
(04-16-2013, 03:45 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had a look at the Dolphin Wiki entry for this game? It won't be 100%, but you can make it more playable. The missing textures can be solved by disabling EFB Copies. Frame rate and lag could be taken care of with some overclocking. Your profile says you're i5-3570K is at stock (3.4GHz) though I can't remember if you said you've OCed it or not. If you haven't, try bumping it up a little.

It's true that disabled EFB copies make it playable, but it's very dark and has an ugly green tint to everything. I played up to the part where you first enter the palace and the green tint was literally everywhere.

If the devs were interested in fixing this I would love to help out with testing/data collection/whatever. I know they already asked for FIFO logs, and I think someone provided one.