Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my Windows 7 PC able to run the Animal Crossing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm want to know if I'll be able to run Animal Crossing on my Windows 7 PC.

My specs are:
AMD Athlon X2 7550 2.5ghz
2gb DDR2 Ram
Radeon HD 6670
Windows 7 64 bit

I already purchased the Radeon graphics card and I'm just curious as to what I'll be able to do.

Thanks!
I should run ok at 1080p due to your 6670
Animal Crossing is a light-weight game ,even an outdated athlon should be able to run it
Most games require a much better CPU though
System Requirement
Virtually any other game will require a much better cpu.
(04-15-2013, 03:20 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Virtually any other game will require a much better cpu.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Would I be able to run some games at 1xIR or am I basically limited to less demanding gamecube games?
due to your GPU power , you can run most games with 3x Internal Resolution (except demanding games)
But your CPU is too slow . Basically :
Better CPU = Better speed
Better GPU(graphic card) = Better graphic
(04-15-2013, 03:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]due to your GPU power , you can run most games with 3x Internal Resolution (except demanding games)
Oh awesome! Guess I need to look for a new processor. Hopefully I can find a nice quad-core AM2+ socket processor.

Do you think NSMB Wii, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess (GC) will be able to run on my current set up?
Quote:Hopefully I can find a nice quad-core AM2+
phenom x4 955/965/975/980
Quote:Do you think NSMB Wii, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess (GC) will be able to run on my current set up?
Maybe NSMB
Windwaker default settings have "EFB copies to Ram" enabled . So it will not run well unless you switch it to "EFB copies to Texture"
Twilight Princess is very demaning (hyrule field slowdown) , it also need EFB copies to Ram for the map . i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz should be able to do that
(04-15-2013, 04:18 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hopefully I can find a nice quad-core AM2+
phenom x4 955/965/975/980
Quote:Do you think NSMB Wii, Windwaker, and Twilight Princess (GC) will be able to run on my current set up?
Maybe NSMB
Windwaker default settings have "EFB copies to Ram" enabled . So it will not run well unless you switch it to "EFB copies to Texture"
Twilight Princess is very demaning (hyrule field slowdown) , it also need EFB copies to Ram for the map . i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz should be able to do that
Well it looks like I wont be running Twilight Princess anytime soon Tongue
(04-15-2013, 03:32 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]due to your GPU power , you can run most games with 3x Internal Resolution (except demanding games)
Will a Quad Core CPU like an AMD Phenom II X4 @ 2.8 ghz run games better than what I currently have (AMD Athlon X2 7550 2.5ghz).

I have problems with Animal Crossing not running at 100%(60fps) in some areas and I want to know if an upgrade a to quad core will really be that much better?
Yes but not because it's a quad core. It's a much faster cpu in general.
Pages: 1 2