Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Everyone Trying to Boost Fps Heres a how
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been doing tons of testing. TONS!!!!!!!

these are a must options.That u may not know are hurting ur FPS

-Nvidia control panel Threaded Optimization:Off! Not Auto or On
-Lock Thread to Cores:Off ,if you have Quadcore. Ive go up 70%cpu usg
-Do NOT Disable: other audio throtle in the Dsp section.its ur limiter.
-Vsync: off
-Frame Limiter: OFF!
-Watch Dogs setting :15-20 , some games requier 60 if they lag with 20.
-DO NOT force billinear/trilinear filtering ;bc it makes ur game look ugly. thats all

Shift+ f1-10 = save state you can use that to test ur fps
then reload by presing f1-10 without holding shift

Dont have version r3867 yet?with the watchdog addon and dont know where to download it
go to the Dolphin Svn build -General discusion forum below
theres a Post about Orleans he releases builds almost daily.

[color=#FF0000]For Nvidia Users[/color]
I was runing Monkey ball 2 right now after enabling Threaded optimisation on the nvidia control panel
and I noticed my frames @ 40 i didnt know why. I changed to auto they went up to 50+ I changed it
to Off they went up to 57-60 I ran this test 3 times so theres some free fps atleast for that game.
DO NOT force billinear/trilinear filtering

uh, why? if i do that i get an increase in fps....
not sure what nvidia drivers you are using but they removed threaded Optimization long ago from the control panel afaik
(07-21-2009, 10:08 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what nvidia drivers you are using but they removed threaded Optimization long ago from the control panel afaik

No, I have 186.18 and its there.
Um Daco, Threaded Optimization is this there atleast for me. I'm also on 186.18 and its their next to vertical sync, triple buffering, and trilleanear optimization. It may be different based on vid cards or maybe OS? I'm on a Asus 9600 gso and Windows XP.

For me, Game booster + watchdog to 10 and a slew of option changes in nvidia control panel/Manage 3D settings and in Dolphin has worked well for me.
(07-21-2009, 10:42 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2009, 10:08 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what nvidia drivers you are using but they removed threaded Optimization long ago from the control panel afaik

didn't have it on any card i had using that driver and dont have it on the latest drivers either
(07-21-2009, 10:52 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2009, 10:42 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]

didn't have it on any card i had using that driver and dont have it on the latest drivers either
Maybe only 64bit users get it?