Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Donkey Kong Country Returns massive FPS drops.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty much, I have the new Donkey Kong, I've made all the settings the best for maximum FPS performance and that's what I get BUT there are massive random FPS drops that last a pretty long time. These drops last 1-5 minutes and when I get the highest FPS back it lasts for 30 seconds and then the FPS drop happens again. I know these aren't any normal FPS drops ranging from 60 FPS to 55 or something; it goes to around 30 FPS and its really slow. As I really want to play this game I would appreciate if anyone had the time to help me or just tell me that I can't do anything about it Sad. Thank you.

My specs:

GT330M graphics card
4GB ram
Intel Core i7 Q 740 @ 1.73 GHz
1GB Video Ram
x64 bit system
By the way I'm using Dolphin 3.5 just the official release.
1- Your laptop is probably overheating (speed drops). Check your temperature.
2- Your CPU is too weak for this game and for Dolpin in general.
(04-14-2013, 10:44 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]1- Your laptop is probably overheating (speed drops). Check your temperature.
2- Your CPU is too weak for this game and for Dolpin in general.
I don't understand though I think you're right about the temperature/overheating of this but I don't think it's the processor. I can pretty much run New Super Mario Bros 100% speed perfectly right now but when I play Donkey Kong, its goes from 98-94% to 38-48% percent speed and the 98% speed comes back every 3-4 minutes. Anyway of fixing this though, any option? Since I can run the game properly for a while it should be able to stay that way. I'm eager to play this game. Also the hot air is flowing out of my fan properly so I'm guessing that's fine.
accurate vbeam emulation <----- works wonders for this game
_Donkey kong CR is a demanding game which my i5 480M only run 75-80% speed with HLE . You will need an Ivy Bridge @ 4.0GHz to run this game well with LLE back end
_Dolphin is a dual core application , CPU frequency does matter for Dolphin . Your CPU frequency is to low
Edit :
Quote:accurate vbeam emulation <----- works wonders for this game
Yes , it should speed up this game
@OP Right-click the game - Properties - Tick "Vbeam emulation"
New Super Mario Bros is a very "light" game. Donkey Kong is more demanding even if it's only a 2.5D game.
Your CPU has a very low clock speed. Light games may run fine but you'll have issues with demanding ones
(04-14-2013, 11:02 AM)yodenny Wrote: [ -> ]accurate vbeam emulation <----- works wonders for this game
Yeh I've checked that option it helped but yeh... Damn it. I need a new decent computer which I'll probably never get Sad.
When I mean never I mean 2 years...
Stuff it, I'm just going to buy games for Wii XD.
Try to force turbo boost which will bump up your CPU frequency to 2.5GHz (2 cores active)
This thread will show you how to do that
(04-14-2013, 11:22 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to force turbo boost which will bump up your CPU frequency to 2.5GHz (2 cores active)
This thread will show you how to do that
Thanks man. Last question; any recommended good games I can hold? Action/Adventure, Sidescrolling, Any game really that you think is really nice that isn't very demanding I guess.
Muramasa the demon blades , Star Fox Assault , Viewtiful Joe (1 & 2 & red hot rumble which are very interesting/funny games) ,
Pages: 1 2