Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Party 4-7; Question about 50Hz to 60Hz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I only wanted to know how I can get Mario Party 4 to 7 running in 60Hz though I have the PAL games? Usually enabling Progressive Scan gets some PAL games to run in 60Hz mode but the Mario Party games for the Nintendo Gamecube seem to ignore that and keep 50Hz ..

Thanks for any answers! Smile
For the Wii ones (fuck if I know/care which Mario Party games are for which console), just check "Use EuRGB60 Mode (PAL60)" in Config > Wii.

For the GameCube ones, try holding B as they start up and it should ask you which mode to use. This should get written to the SRAM, so you may only have to do it once, which would be nice.
Quote: fuck if I know/care which Mario Party games are for which console
Mario Party 1-3 -> N64
Mario Party 4-7 -> GCN
Mario Party 8-9 -> Wii

Quote: try holding B as they start up and it should ask you which mode to use.
As far as I remember (I have 4-7 since I was a child) they never asked whether I want to use 50Hz or 60Hz .. Only MKDD and some other games did that ..

Quote:This should get written to the SRAM
When I choose a game, for example Wind Waker or MKDD, to run in 60Hz, Dolphin automaticly uses 60Hz for any other GCN game .. But not the Mario Partys
Mario Party games (PAL versions) have no 60Hz option. That's why you can't set them to 60Hz
(04-13-2013, 10:30 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Mario Party games (PAL versions) have no 60Hz option. That's why you can't set them to 60Hz
:/ ..

I only could change the frame limit to 60 but I use LLE ..
With HLE the audio is bad but stays normal ..
By chance I found some useful AR Codes for PAL users of Mario Party 4 and also NTSC users:

Enable 60Hz Mode:

G1E6-CGXD-0Z6XC

JDH2-CV9M-98TQM

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen)

Y2QY-BQ8P-YYZHN

ANKE-3WYP-1WGZ4

Z4KZ-EMEF-4PQQX

F9WV-XPN5-C0PC6

4P70-U081-5YR2T

5HHT-A5FY-FD9J3

W4DG-CC18-41AC5

87DX-GDD2-7N5E9

6RA5-51DC-5JWG9

NOTE: This widescreen-code is VERY useful in this game, while it only works on the boards, not in the lobby or in mini-games. It's useful because hacking the game to widescreen causes many glitches like wrong-placed shadows or messed up heat- and water effects. This effects are not used on boards.
Am I allowed to add this to the Wiki-pages of the games?
AR codes probably don't belong in the wiki; exceptions can be made for AR codes that bypass certain issues (like the fire effects in Wind Waker). Of course, I'm not a wiki admin though, so I'm not an authority for the wiki.

A better option, in my opinion, is to get the codes added to the .ini files for games, so that when people download Dolphin, the codes are just there and they can use them right away. Talk to a dev about it.
Well these codes are also bypassing issues which can't be solved by the Emulator itself ..
And there is something else:

Almost 2 years ago I asked in a thread if there is a possibility to patch or hack a game so that it renders objects which are ouside of the 4:3 area .. I think it's well known that in many GCN games (and some Wii games as well) objects disappear once they are outside of that area ..

The answers I got were these:

"No the games were programmed that way" by AbtiUltimate, and

"As has been stated several times, there is no way to solve the issues
caused by the widescreen hack. It's impossible to solve the issues
because it's a limitation of the software (i.e. games) and not the
emulated hardware." byXtreme2damax

Now look at the video I made :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75lc7DGG-vs
[color=blue][/color]
slax65 Wrote:Well these codes are also bypassing issues which can't be solved by the Emulator itself ..

You're fixing an issue for an optional enhancement (read: it's a hack) that not everyone bothers to use (yes I have a 1080p monitor, and yes, I play GC games with a stretched aspect ratio). The Wind Waker fire effects are neither enhancements nor optional; they're part of the game. The first only affects a certain number of people, while the second affects anyone who plays the game. Depending on how imperative widescreen in MP games is, it might not be worthwhile to have it up on the wiki. Anyway, talk to MaJoR or Kolano about it. Or just edit the wiki page anyway; if they don't agree, they'll let you know.
Pages: 1 2