Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MSI Afterburner not recording Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to record some gameplay using Dolphin, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't see a frame counter in the top left corner and I press my "capture" button and nothing records.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

It works with every other program I've used it with btw.
(04-11-2013, 08:34 AM)Nomz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to record some gameplay using Dolphin, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't see a frame counter in the top left corner and I press my "capture" button and nothing records.

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

It works with every other program I've used it with btw.
You have to use the 32bit version of Dolphin. It won't work with 64bit.
From what I heard, only 32 bit versions of Dolphin works with MSI Afterburner...

EDIT: Ninja'd
Oh ok, cool. Thanks guys Big Grin!
Oh, does transferring my StateSaves folder to the 32-bit version work? Or will it cause problems?
Save States may be compatible through builds, but aren't incompatible if you use different revisions. As savestates tends to be unstable in Dolphin, I recommend not using x64 SaveStates in a x86 build, but you could try...
(04-12-2013, 08:35 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Save States may be compatible through builds, but aren't incompatible if you use different revisions. As savestates tends to be unstable in Dolphin, I recommend not using x64 SaveStates in a x86 build, but you could try...
Thanks, yeah I just deleted all of my previous stuff, just to be safe.
MSI Afterburner can record Windows desktop and while Dolphin is a non-exclusive fullscreen application it can be recorded as well even being x64. The con is that Afterburner will record the mouse pointer as well this way.