Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TAS memory card issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Therm

So I was fooling around trying to do a TAS of SSBM today, and after recording about 30 seconds of recording stopped it to make sure everything works on playback.

It doesn't. When I select playback of a recording, the first screen that pops up is a "memory card not found" screen from SSBM, which messes up the rest of the input. If I wait a split second after the memory card not found screen, then select okay, its suddenly able to find the memory card. Help?
Use the latest revision.

Therm

works, thanks Smile

Therm

Part 2: Desyncs. Do Dolphin savestates revert the memorycard?

( My TAS desynced, possibly because I accidentally let it save at the end and couldn't recover the original memory card file. Using some of my older memorycard backups causes the TAS to desync at different points )

edit: i might need to take the above statement back, forgot that replaying the inputs don't always give the same result
Quote:Part 2: Desyncs. Do Dolphin savestates revert the memorycard?
Yes, though starting state is not saved to the movie file.

Quote:edit: i might need to take the above statement back, forgot that replaying the inputs don't always give the same result
Make sure dual core and idle skipping are off.