Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Program not running.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was using the program with no problems, (3.5, and the nightly builds, Both for Windowsx64) with no problems, until i go to start it one day, and the program does not run. well, the process starts, often using different amounts of memory (sometimes 6 Mb, sometimes 70Mb). then nothing. I end the process, and try again. Would Malwarebytes or Microsoft Security essentials mess with this? These are the only things i've installed since i last used it that could possibly be the issue.
Does it not open at all? Or opens and minimizes itself with you being unable to maximize?
(04-08-2013, 06:35 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it not open at all? Or opens and minimizes itself with you being unable to maximize?
The process shows up in the task manager, but no window appears, nor any icons on the task bar. i wasn't sure the exe was working until i saw 6 or 7 "dolphin.exe" in the task manager.
(04-08-2013, 03:45 PM)TheGameboy Wrote: [ -> ]Would Malwarebytes or Microsoft Security essentials mess with this? These are the only things i've installed since i last used it that could possibly be the issue.

I've never got any issue with Malwarebytes. Been using Dolphin for more than 2 years and Malwarebytes for more than that.

I've already seen the same issue on the forum but I don't remember exactly. It's something about your window position or something like that. I feel like Zee has the solution so I'll let him answer to you Tongue
(04-08-2013, 10:06 PM)TheGameboy Wrote: [ -> ]The process shows up in the task manager, but no window appears, nor any icons on the task bar. i wasn't sure the exe was working until i saw 6 or 7 "dolphin.exe" in the task manager.

This is a semi-common problem. Look in your Dolphin folder and open the file User\Config\Dolphin.ini. Change the following lines:

Code:
MainWindowPosX = 500
MainWindowPosY = 500

Note, 500 is just arbitrary. Just keep it to something reasonable so that the window actually shows up on your screen, and you should be good to go.
No, unfortunately it's not the issue i'm familiar with. Try rebooting or disabling your antivirus.
Hmm, seems uninstalling Malwarebytes got it to work. that, and i did that .ini modifications you suggested. Now, if i could only get some FPS out of this thing...

thanks for the help guys.
(04-09-2013, 01:15 PM)TheGameboy Wrote: [ -> ]Now, if i could only get some FPS out of this thing...

What i5 processor have you got exactly? And which game(s) have you been trying to play?
(04-09-2013, 08:44 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 01:15 PM)TheGameboy Wrote: [ -> ]Now, if i could only get some FPS out of this thing...

What i5 processor have you got exactly? And which game(s) have you been trying to play?
i5 2410M, mostly Mario Kart Wii, Luigis mansion, and pikmin. Gamecube games seem to handle well, wii games, a little less than well. Almost full speed, but very choppy Audio.
(04-09-2013, 11:59 PM)TheGameboy Wrote: [ -> ]i5 2410M, mostly Mario Kart Wii, Luigis mansion, and pikmin. Gamecube games seem to handle well, wii games, a little less than well. Almost full speed, but very choppy Audio.

I've got a 2410m too. Games will work fine as long as they aren't too much demanding.
Sound is choppy because you can't get full-speed. Using OpenAL may reduce this
Pages: 1 2