Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Run at 100% speed for 8-10 seconds...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

I have read the faq and googled this issue and haven't had any luck. I run the emulator in DX11 at 2x Native at 100% speed. My problem is after about 10 seconds my game begins to tank to 40% and the only thing that can fix it is to move my mouse (I play with a wiimote). Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

i5 Intel 3570
16 Gigs of ram
7800 series Radeon

Dolphin 3.5 build 367
Try turning off SpeedStep via your EFI or BIOS. Looks like your CPU is entering a low power state mode (the SpeedStep feature) and moving the mouse brings it out of that.
Thank you for the quick reply I am working to figure out where that option is on my bios...I am using an Asrock mini mobo and trying to find the equivalents. I tried a couple I found but still after 5-10 seconds I have to move the mouse again to get back to full speed.

I tried it with the feature enabled and turned off and the results are still the same unfortunately. After about 5-10 seconds the game goes from 100% to 48%, move the mouse or hit keyboard and it's back up to 100% instantly.
Is it a laptop? Your specs dont really say. If it is, place it on High Performance in the Control Panel under Power Settings.
(04-08-2013, 09:36 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a laptop? Your specs dont really say. If it is, place it on High Performance in the Control Panel under Power Settings.
It's a desktop. I appreciate you guys helping me. I tried for a couple of days now.
Yeah speedstep works based on cpu load and has nothing to do with mouse input. I honestly can't think of anything that would cause this.
Just archiving this so if anyone else has the same problem and happens to search. I have done everything mentioned and for some reason my computer still after 10 seconds slows down. I noticed this in game too, such as Bioshock Infinite. I am going to check on my power settings, not sure what else to do.
If it wasn't for the whole mouse-brings-it-back thing, I'd say your CPU cooler had fallen off. However, I'm not sure this is plausible.
(04-10-2013, 10:00 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]If it wasn't for the whole mouse-brings-it-back thing, I'd say your CPU cooler had fallen off. However, I'm not sure this is plausible.
I am liquid cooled and running at 31C...BUT I found my problem and it's embarrassing to admit but in the spirit of any other poor soul who had a similar bout of stupid here I go. I had malware... I ran Malwarebites followed by ASWMBR and it found several instances. After they were removed, 100% speed without having to refresh with the mouse. Oh well, sometimes the simple answer is the answer right? Now if I could only get my wii remote to stop disconnected mid play...No worries I will google that one up. Again thank you guys for your patience.