Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just update, how to transfer memory files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brosabi

I recently updated to the latest version from version 3.0.

I've noticed that the Wii game I was playing is now unable to load my save files. I've tried a few things but so far I've been unable to load my save files for Wii games.
Please give us more details:

(04-07-2013, 08:57 PM)Brosabi Wrote: [ -> ]I recently updated to the latest version from version 3.0.

3.0 or 3.5? From which revision to which revision exactly?

(04-07-2013, 08:57 PM)Brosabi Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that the Wii game I was playing is now unable to load my save files

Which game?

(04-07-2013, 08:57 PM)Brosabi Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried a few things but so far I've been unable to load my save files for Wii games.

What have you tried?

Brosabi

version 3.0-786 to 3.5. As far as I'm aware it's just 3.5.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I've gone to Tools > Wii save import and gone to the folder where I believe the Wii saves were located with my old version. (New folder > Dolphin-win-x86-v3.0-786 > User > Wii > Title > 0001000 > 52464550 > Data) But all that was there was a file titled Banner.bin and when I attempted to open it I kept getting "failed to read header"

So then I manually went to that folder and there was a file titled "FE10_EU.dat" I copied that file and pasted it in the same folder for the newer version, but that had no apparent effect either.
Just Copy the entire Wii\Title folder to the new build and you're good to go
(04-08-2013, 11:01 AM)Brosabi Wrote: [ -> ]I've gone to Tools > Wii save import and gone to the folder where I believe the Wii saves were located with my old version. (New folder > Dolphin-win-x86-v3.0-786 > User > Wii > Title > 0001000 > 52464550 > Data) But all that was there was a file titled Banner.bin and when I attempted to open it I kept getting "failed to read header"

So then I manually went to that folder and there was a file titled "FE10_EU.dat" I copied that file and pasted it in the same folder for the newer version, but that had no apparent effect either.

Post a copy of your Wii folder. I'd like to check something