Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my laptop be able to run Dolphin Emulator without lagging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DuhAshunGamer

Hi guys I'm new to all this forum stuff so please forgive me if I do something wrong. Lets try our best to get along!
I was thinking about buying a new laptop to play some Wii games using Dolphin Emulator. Here is the specs:

Processor- Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz - 3.4GHz w/ 6MB Cache
Graphics Card- Nvidia GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 w/ Optimus Technology
RAM- Overclocked Kingston HyperX CL12 Dual Channel Memory 8GB DDR3 2133MHz
Operating System- Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (possibly upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate in the future)

I don't want to create any misunderstandings. I don't want you guys to think that I'm trolling around, its just I'm really not sure about my stuff when my friend told me that when he was testing running some of the Wii games he had on his laptop Dolphin Emulator was lagging. His specs are about the same as mine but his processor and graphics card are made by AMD and he has Windows 8. So the thing is, will I be able to run Dolphin Emulator properly without lagging with the specs I have?
Quote:Don't list your specs and then run off. Listing your specs (PC hardware information) and then asking what speeds you should expect would not be a valid post. Other things are needed from you, like exactly which games you want to play and what level of graphic detail you want or expect. Depending on the game, full-speed can be achieved on an average PC or the game could need a PC that is very powerful. It's not a simple all yes or all no answer (unless your PC is really outdated), so give more details when you post.
Especially be more precise about which games you've been planning to play

DuhAshunGamer

(04-07-2013, 02:08 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Especially be more precise about which games you've been planning to play
Sorry, like I said, I'm still new to all this and I should have said what kind of games. I thinking about playing LoZ TP and SS, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart.
(04-07-2013, 02:14 AM)DuhAshunGamer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2013, 02:08 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Especially be more precise about which games you've been planning to play
Sorry, like I said, I'm still new to all this and I should have said what kind of games. I thinking about playing LoZ TP and SS, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart.

Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart (I'll assume these are Wii versions) will work fine. Zelda TP and Zelda SS will give you more troubles

DuhAshunGamer

(04-07-2013, 02:20 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2013, 02:14 AM)DuhAshunGamer Wrote: [ -> ]

Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart (I'll assume these are Wii versions) will work fine. Zelda TP and Zelda SS will give you more troubles
Ok thanks. Um can I ask why the Zelda games will give me trouble?
(04-07-2013, 02:29 AM)DuhAshunGamer Wrote: [ -> ]can I ask why the Zelda games will give me trouble?

Because they are more demanding. Most games will work fine on your system but not the most demanding ones. For example Zelda WW is not really demanding. This game would work fine

DuhAshunGamer

(04-07-2013, 02:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2013, 02:29 AM)DuhAshunGamer Wrote: [ -> ]can I ask why the Zelda games will give me trouble?

Because they are more demanding. Most games will work fine on your system but not the most demanding ones. For example Zelda WW is not really demanding. This game would work fine
I understand now. Thanks!