Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSBB - Running slow(er)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running the Dolphin SVN R 2745, playing Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I've played with all the settings but the game runs quite slow. I'm on 30 fps, but that probably the limiter (or so I've read), since I've played on the lowest and highest settings with the same results.

I've got a quad-core processor (my computer specs are in my signature) and have tried to play with and without the dualcore option enabled.

I've got the latest drivers and DirectX, but for some reason the game just won't play at normal speed. More like 75 or 80% of the normal speed.

Anyone able to help me? Or give a hint?
did you try disabling all sound???
(04-01-2009, 06:09 AM)monkey9926 Wrote: [ -> ]did you try disabling all sound???

Yup, I tried it all sounds disabled and with NullSound. Same results.
maybe your processor is weak because dolphin cant take advantage of quad core.
Nope, I've tried it on my Intel quadcore with Dualcore enabled and its rocking fast. Probably a video compatibility issue, since the emu is more nvidia friendly, unless its more Intel friendly also. Smile
(04-01-2009, 08:45 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, I've tried it on my Intel quadcore with Dualcore enabled and its rocking fast. Probably a video compatibility issue, since the emu is more nvidia friendly, unless its more Intel friendly also. Smile

Yeah, from what i hear dolphin likes intel-nvidia better Wink.

btw nice sig kernel, did u make it?
Well. After playing around with it some more I seem to have fixed it by enabling "Enable Idle Skipping". But however, when playing with slower speed and with Idle Skipping off the game seems uncrashable. I've pretty much been everywhere ingame. When I want to play on normal speed the game suddenly crashes a lot.

Might be some handy info for the devs.
(04-01-2009, 11:00 AM)monkey9926 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, from what i hear dolphin likes intel-nvidia better Wink.
btw nice sig kernel, did u make it?
It's my tribute to a great game and this awesome emu.