Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't believe how fucked I am...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

teleccope

So, up until yesterday I was happily playing LOZ:WW, when all of a sudden I got the black screen crash. Now this wouldn't have been a problem, had I been using normal saves instead of save states, however, about 10% into the game, the game told me that my memory card is corrupted and that I couldn't save, so I started playing with save states. Now, about 50% in the game, right after killing the giant bird boss (forgot its name already) this happens, and I don't know what to do. I was playing on the 3.0 version of dolphin, so updated to 3.5 to see if that will work, but lady fortune strikes again, as I find out that save states aren't compatible between versions, only normal saves are - but as you already know, I can't fucking normal save unless I start the game from the very beginning.

I tried everything, changing most settings, tweaking around the cheats and hacks, but alas, nothing helped -which is why I turn to you, fellow dolphiners, to see if anyone can help.

Thanks a lot for any sort of information,

teleccope
In this thread you'll find a savefile that will probably help you http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-win...ene?page=3
You could load the savestate and then save it into memory card, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

You just have to first figure out why is game telling you that memory card is corrupt. You have to solve this, load save state and then save to memory card, and then you can load that in 3.5 or any other version

teleccope

(04-05-2013, 10:10 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]You could load the savestate and then save it into memory card, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

You just have to first figure out why is game telling you that memory card is corrupt. You have to solve this, load save state and then save to memory card, and then you can load that in 3.5 or any other version
well, yeah, if I could I would do that, but unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this...
(04-06-2013, 01:20 AM)teleccope Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2013, 10:10 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]You could load the savestate and then save it into memory card, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

well, yeah, if I could I would do that, but unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this...
Delete memory cards files from User/Gc folder ?
Did the game ask you to format the card once it's said that it's corrupted ?
Once formatted, you can save again, but you will lose all of your gamecube saves ( wii will be fine )