Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker, Can't press any buttons after recieving heart container?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so i Finally fixed the issue of fighting the helmaroc king. Now, not only did i have to fight him with TERRIBLE glitchy audio, and tons of lag spikes, i was quite angry, but still ended up doing so to continue in the game. Now, i'm on LLE, and i cant switch to the HLE (only non glitchy/smooth one), No matter, i'll just pick up the heart container, and save ingame, so i passed the boss and i can continue the game smoothly. Nope. Of course another error, Now this time, i picked up the heart container right after killing the bird, and i save stated, and link is sitting there. It's spinning, speed 100%, the words are glowing, everything is as it should. But, Now i cant even press A. I Press and press, and it wont let me. Games not frozen. Unplugged replugged controller, tested if it's working. Yep everythings fine. what should i do i'm getting sick of all this-_-, please help me out.
You have to STOP using save states.

Load your last native save assuming it is after the bird fight and ensure you are using HLE for full speed. You will just have to switch back and forth between LLE and HLE if you keep getting the gray screens. You said you were angry and I understand but you have to remember the reason it is laggy is because your PC is too slow.
I don't like being borderline unhelpful and off topic here, but, uh, the OpenAL backend fixes the choppy audio. Timestretching, it's wonderful on the ears. I mean, not that much since the audio's still slow, but at least it's not choppy.

And, yeah, try to only use memory card saves. Dolphin's save states really need some work. v_v

Also, remember that thing I mentioned about LLE on Thread breaking stuff? Try using it anyway just to see if it's still better than HLE in terms of crashes/hangs. It'll certainly get rid of most or all of the lag.
(04-03-2013, 02:22 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]the OpenAL backend fixes the choppy audio

He can't use that with Dolphin 3.0/3.5
Then he should use a current dev build?

OpenAL also has minor improvements to audio timing, so it adds another 20% to your chances of not having an issue under LLE on Thread.