Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why D3D9 dll für D3D11?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Euathlus1985

Hi, today i copied my Dolphin wit two ISO on an USB Stick and wanted to test it in a store on a Notebook with an i5. After starting it said something about a missing dll. After i came back i looked into FAQ and it says that i have to install D3d9, but i have selected D3d11 in Dolphin. So why has to be D3d9 be installed if I dont want to use it? Or is it a bug and you could fix it?
Your not installing d3d9, but yes you have to install it again.
Your directx runtimes have to be up to date regardless of what version of d3d you're using.
For portability purposes, you can copy the files d3d9_43.dll, d3d10_43.dll, d3d11_43.dll and D3DCompiler_43.dll to the Dolphin folder to be able to test it without installing the DirectX End-User Runtimes... However, use this method only if you can't install the runtimes for some reason, as it may cause issues with XAudio2 and DInput...
... and when following Jhonn's advice, keep in mind that there are different dlls for 32 bit and 64 bit, which share the same nameset though.