Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Isn't Zelda TP (Wii) supposed to be slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe I'm just pulling fiction out of my arse but I thought Zelda TP was running pretty slow with Dolphin at the moment. I just ripped my copy (after finally getting my dumper to work). I'm getting like solid 50-60FPS in the beginning, very first part where you can walk. Through all of the beginning cutscenes I had the framerate varying between 40 to 60 (there was one point where it dipped to 33 though). I'm not at all complaining of course Tongue. Just wondering whether everyone else has the (absolutely) great framerates I've been having (so far).
For some reason it seems that the Wii version of Twilight Princess is faster than the Gamecube version, at least from what I tested..
(07-20-2009, 12:37 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason it seems that the Wii version of Twilight Princess is faster than the Gamecube version, at least from what I tested..

Between trading off speed and sound I think I'll just play it on my Wii. Tongue
I actually haven't even started playing it yet. No time. Sad
Well, is it possible to play the Wii version with mouse & keyboard ?
(07-20-2009, 01:21 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]Well, is it possible to play the Wii version with mouse & keyboard ?

That's mentioned somewhere in here (http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-66-page-1.html). I'm not quite sure, but TP requires you to do some pretty funky things with your wiimote throughout the course of the game which I don't think can emulated properly with a mouse and keyboard. There obviously are places where you can you use just mouse and keyboard, but there'll DEFINITELY be scenarios in which a Wiimote is required.
(07-20-2009, 01:33 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 01:21 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]Well, is it possible to play the Wii version with mouse & keyboard ?

That's mentioned somewhere in here (http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-66-page-1.html). I'm not quite sure, but TP requires you to do some pretty funky things with your wiimote throughout the course of the game which I don't think can emulated properly with a mouse and keyboard. There obviously are places where you can you use just mouse and keyboard, but there'll DEFINITELY be scenarios in which a Wiimote is required.

Thank you for your quick reply. So I gonna stick to my GC version. Wink
(07-20-2009, 01:45 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick reply. So I gonna stick to my GC version. Wink

That's probably a good idea as the Wii version has absolutely NO SOUND WHATSOEVER so far, as far as I know.

But, I have to ask, why do you have two versions of the same game?
(07-20-2009, 02:17 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2009, 01:45 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your quick reply. So I gonna stick to my GC version. Wink

That's probably a good idea as the Wii version has absolutely NO SOUND WHATSOEVER so far, as far as I know.

But, I have to ask, why do you have two versions of the same game?

I don't have, only GC version but i read the Wii one would be better so i thought about buying it for the Wii and selling the GC one.
(07-20-2009, 02:20 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have, only GC version but i read the Wii one would be better so i thought about buying it for the Wii and selling the GC one.

Ah, I see.
the wii version runs a bit faster than GC version. However, places like Hyrule field and the Woods are terribly slow. Hyrule field (with everything unlocked) is like 8-15 fps, while woods(after forest temple) is like 25 fps, but still, quite slow.
Pages: 1 2