Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Most games I have tried run slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason many of the games I have tried have ran slow on my laptop, I have tired changing the resolution and other setting, as well as using Intel® Turbo Boost but the frame rate has not improved at all.

The games I have tried that have ran slow are Viewtiful Joe, SSBM and Crash Bandicoot The Wrath Of Cortex

I'm using 3.5-367 revision
My specs
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3630QM (2.40GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
8GB Ram

Is there anyway to speed it up?
Thanks
(04-02-2013, 11:27 PM)fkinthecoffee Wrote: [ -> ]the games I have tried have ran slow on my laptop

Define "slow". What speed do you get?
(04-02-2013, 11:38 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2013, 11:27 PM)fkinthecoffee Wrote: [ -> ]the games I have tried have ran slow on my laptop

Define "slow". What speed do you get?
For those games about 50% to 80% speed for most of the time
(04-02-2013, 11:46 PM)fkinthecoffee Wrote: [ -> ]For those games about 50% to 80% speed for most of the time

Your CPU is not really fast (even with TurboBoost). However these games are not really demanding. 80% speed is a good performance but this fall to 50% speed in some parts looks weird. You should check your temperature to make sure you have no heat problem
You're on the wrong website. That website is not associated with Dolphin.
Download and try the latest build on the official website.
Try this
(04-03-2013, 12:35 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this
Thanks for the reply, I installed GPU-Z however when I run Dolphin my GPU clock go down to about 200MHz and setting Dolphin to use my GPU through the Nvidia Control Panel doesn't work for some reason.
Is there any other ways to get Dolphin to use my graphics card
Certain graphical settings may help kick the GPU into full speed - usually I tell people to increase the texture cache accuracy.
what? my computer runs at 98-100% all the time for Windwaker & Super smash brawl, and even pikmin, and i believe my processor is worse than yours. 2.20Ghz. The only thing i do is disable fog, and run at 2x native. If that doesn't work you may have to run at 1x native. Best of luck:p.
Quote:2.20Ghz
Have you ever heard of Intel Turbo Boost Technology ?
Click on the link i provided above , you can change your CPU frequency from 798MHz to 2.8GHz
Quote:at 2x native
Well , 2.5xIR on my end
His GPU is powerful enough for 4xIR
Pages: 1 2