Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay not working, I read the guide.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ajlittle

When I host my server, people connect fine, good ping and everything, but the second, third, and fourth player remotes do not work.

What we tried...
1) Setting the config pads for Player 1 being Pad 1(slot 1 on the config), player 2 being pad 2(slot 2 on the config), player 3 being pad 3(slot 3 on the config), and player 4 being pad 4(slot 4 on the config).
2) Giving each other the same gamepad profiles. (Exactly the same)
3) Getting someone else to host.

Is there any way to fix this? If any extra information is required, I will post it, even a video.

I did everything the guide said, but the part on the controller was very vague. If someone could help me that'd be great.

- AJ
(03-30-2013, 02:52 PM)Ajlittle Wrote: [ -> ]but the second, third, and fourth player remotes do not work.

Remotes, as in Wiimotes? You never said which games you've tried to play, but Wii games that need Wiimotes won't work with netplay. If it's a Wii game where you can use the Gamecube controller (SSBB, MK Wii) you can use netplay IIRC in Dolphin.

Ajlittle

(03-30-2013, 02:55 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2013, 02:52 PM)Ajlittle Wrote: [ -> ]but the second, third, and fourth player remotes do not work.

Remotes, as in Wiimotes? You never said which games you've tried to play, but Wii games that need Wiimotes won't work with netplay. If it's a Wii game where you can use the Gamecube controller (SSBB, MK Wii) you can use netplay IIRC in Dolphin.
Oh sorry, we are running gamecube, by remotes I meant keyboards, haha.
When you click on the Config button, make sure everyone using netplay has the correct number of Ports set to Standard Controller, e.g. if 3 of you are playing, everyone should have Ports 1-3 set to Standard Controller. The guide recommends that when configuring the actual controls when you click on the GCPad button to just configure Pad1. I haven't tried netplay myself (not thoroughly anyway), so I can't say for sure what needs to be done. If I get some time this weekend, I'll see if I can figure it out myself.

One last bit of info, ensure everyone is using the same revision (for consistency's sake).

Ajlittle

(03-30-2013, 03:18 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]When you click on the Config button, make sure everyone using netplay has the correct number of Ports set to Standard Controller, e.g. if 3 of you are playing, everyone should have Ports 1-3 set to Standard Controller. The guide recommends that when configuring the actual controls when you click on the GCPad button to just configure Pad1. I haven't tried netplay myself (not thoroughly anyway), so I can't say for sure what needs to be done. If I get some time this weekend, I'll see if I can figure it out myself.

One last bit of info, ensure everyone is using the same revision (for consistency's sake).
Thank you, it worked! Sorry, the tutorial was a bit vague about that.