Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird sync issue with DDRII (the game, not the RAM)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been working on this game recently: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...olution_II

First off, it's amazing how the games of an entire system can be emulated to near-perfect levels. Big Grin

However, I'm getting some bugs with this game. First off, there is major offsyncness in both HLE and LLE. It can be fixed for sure in HLE by adjusting the timing in the game's options, but it can't be fixed like that in LLE with the unofficial ROM and I'm not sure of a way in Dolphin (I used 3.5-1088 for this testing) to adjust it. Tried latency adjustment, but it just introduced crackling and still didn't fix the problem. If this was just Wind Waker or NSMB, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it's not. It's a timing-based game, so the sync should be as perfect as possible.

Another issue is an arrow drift problem that occurs with HLE. The arrows will gradually desync from the audio. This is fixed by using LLE, but then the problems above occur.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 3570K (clocked at 3.4 GHz)
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 RAM
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Video Card: HIS H687F1G2M Radeon HD 6870
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB
HDD: Maxtor 320GB

I use onboard sound.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone want to try it out themselves?

If you do test it, then don't play A Year Without Rain. It is offsync even on an unmodified Wii.
Are you saying that the issue still happens even with LLE or that LLE completely solves the issue?
(03-29-2013, 07:59 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying that the issue still happens even with LLE or that LLE completely solves the issue?
It fixes the drifting problem, but there is still a constant offsyncness, and it can't be fixed to my knowledge.
Correct me if I am wrong but is the unofficial LLE ROM, the one that was released by the Dolphin team a little while ago?

If so and you have a Wii, you can dump your own DSP LLE files. You can find the guide here .
That won't help him. The AX microcode is exactly the same.

Try the xaudio2 backend. If that doesn't work I would file an issue report. A lot of people have reported a small audio latency with dolphin so I think this is a fairly normal issue.
I don't know what NV's talking about, the likelihood of the unofficial DSP ROM having problems is greater than that of the official one, both from a byuu-esque emulation philosophy standpoint (an incomplete, reverse-engineered one's not gonna work as well as the real thing) and from an anecdotal standpoint (people on the IRC have said that some sounds are louder or quieter in the unofficial one, among other things). µcodes have nothing to do with it in this situation, and this game's using AXWii, not AX, anyway (there's a big difference, the HLE for AXWii is still shit while new-ax-hle is nearly flawless).

That said, I agree with his suggestion of changing the audio backend. If you're using OpenAL, sound's always gonna be a bit delayed due to the timestretching and the general latency issues OpenAL has. DSound and XAudio2 will have much less latency, though they still may not entirely fix the problem.
For the record, I tried the latest new AX HLE build, and if it's not the same as LLE, it's close. So the original HLE problem was probably caused by the AX HLE code in the master build, while the LLE/new AX HLE bug might be caused by something else.

Edit: Also tested Wind Waker, and has the same bug (could easily have gone unnoticed), so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the AX Ucode. Could it be my computer? Possibly.