Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help getting past a crashing phase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

survient

Alright I'm still relatively new to dolphin, but I've used various other emulators so I get the basic idea. My main issue right now is trying to get past a particular part where the screen goes black in Pikmin. Yes yes, I know, pikmin is particularly buggy, glitchy, had no sound and a slew of other issues, but it's still a great game, so if I can get it to run I'd like to. Older versions(using R2276) of dolphin seem to do fine apart from the texture issues(invisible floating eye pikmin, UI issues), whereas the newest build that I've downloaded(R3659) runs fairly smoothly, has little to no graphical errors, but as soon as I bump into the onion for the first time the whole screen goes black. I'm looking for a switch to toggle on the settings to get around this part, or a save state that is just past this part. I tried using a save state from R2276 but 3659 won't take it. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.
(07-20-2009, 06:45 AM)survient Wrote: [ -> ]Alright I'm still relatively new to dolphin, but I've used various other emulators so I get the basic idea. My main issue right now is trying to get past a particular part where the screen goes black in Pikmin. Yes yes, I know, pikmin is particularly buggy, glitchy, had no sound and a slew of other issues, but it's still a great game, so if I can get it to run I'd like to. Older versions(using R2276) of dolphin seem to do fine apart from the texture issues(invisible floating eye pikmin, UI issues), whereas the newest build that I've downloaded(R3659) runs fairly smoothly, has little to no graphical errors, but as soon as I bump into the onion for the first time the whole screen goes black. I'm looking for a switch to toggle on the settings to get around this part, or a save state that is just past this part. I tried using a save state from R2276 but 3659 won't take it. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.

There should be a save (yes, a save, NOT a save state) repository somewhere (maybe on these forums? Tongue) from which you can get saves to maybe bypass that part.

To open the folder in which you need to save your Wii saves, right-click in the Dolphin ISO list window and click Open Wii save folder.