Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why does it run so slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a

NvidiaQuadroFX 580
and
8 Gigs of ram

(I don't know how to find my processer can someone help?)

Super mario sunshine runs well, but sometimes it lags.

Pokemon Colosseum floors and walls are black and wierd

Please, please help.

Run cpu-z to find your system specs.
Okay it says for my proccessor

Intel Core Duo E6750
Now please list your settings and revision like you're supposed to according to the forum rules.
core2duo and a 580 together. talk about extreme bottleneck :/

i can tell you its likely your processor OP. i suggest try using 3.0 if ur using latest revision. latest revisions require bit more CPU power but i didnt have much problems on my old phenom ii with SMS with 3.0

hope this helps
A quadro fx 580 is not a gtx 580. It's not really even a gaming card. OP as VenomX1 said your cpu is a bit on the slow side for dolphin. For better performance try overclocking. For the graphics errors make sure you have your drivers up to date. As NV said we need your settings for further help.
I'd run Open GL as the video backend on that card, as thats what they are tailored for.

the FX 580 is basically a watered down 9500 gt, 100MHZ lower core clock and 400MHz ram clock (half of the ram clock of the 9500 GT)

all in all its a poor card to game on, especially given its age.

The CPU is also very slow for emulation.
"I don't know how to find my processer can someone help" -> He did not build his own PC -> He bought OEM PC -> OEM PC can't be overclocked
Best advice : Upgrade your PC (Tell us your budget first)
ah my mistake then Tongue