Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DxTory causes audio issues with HLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

in the latest revisions, HLE emulation made some steps forward, especially for GCN games like Mario Party 4, Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Golf TT ect.

I did a few tests with recording Paper Mario TTYD with HLE .. Without recording, the HLE-accuracy is the same as the LLE one (just with constant 60fps) .. Unlike Wiki tells, the music keeps playing and there are no issues ..

If I press the key for recording, the music gets out of sync (L and R channels), stops at once or after one minute of playing .. The same is for Mario Party 4, at least not stopping but the music becomes a mess of noises .. Also Wind Waker gets audio issues while DxTory is recording ..

I haven't tested another game but I don't know if it's about Dolphin or DxTory .. I would say it's Dolphin because I haven't had these issues before ..

Another issue I noticed with Paper Mario TTYD:
While some graphical effects are happening, the game jumps from 60Hz to 50Hz mode (PAL version) ..
I only noticed this issue with Kirby Return to Dreamland before .. I don't know if it's because of the recording or if it's an general issue of Dolphin
What about LLE?
(03-27-2013, 10:25 AM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]Without recording, the HLE-accuracy is the same as the LLE one (just with constant 60fps) .. Unlike Wiki tells, the music keeps playing and there are no issues ..

There are but you have to go farther in the game
(03-27-2013, 11:22 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What about LLE?
There are no audio issues while recording Paper Mario TTYD with LLE so far, but the game is crackling and there are some slowdowns if many soundeffects are played at the same time, even @ 3.5 Ghz ..

I tested Mario Kart Double Dash:
With/-out recording it's running fine but there is also crackling because of LLE; @ 3.5Ghz, no matter if DSound, XAudio2 or OpenAL backend .. I could't finish a single cup because the game randomly freezes with LLE ..

Anyone knows how to solve the issue with the random 60Hz to 50Hz jump?
Stop writing in italic ffs.
(03-27-2013, 11:20 PM)slax65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013, 11:22 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]What about LLE?
There are no audio issues while recording Paper Mario TTYD with LLE so far, but the game is crackling and there are some slowdowns if many soundeffects are played at the same time, even @ 3.5 Ghz ..

I tested Mario Kart Double Dash:
With/-out recording it's running fine but there is also crackling because of LLE; @ 3.5Ghz, no matter if DSound, XAudio2 or OpenAL backend .. I could't finish a single cup because the game randomly freezes with LLE ..

Anyone knows how to solve the issue with the random 60Hz to 50Hz jump?
Disable LLE on thread.
As for the 60/50hz jump, i think that's only in Paper Mario, but anyways try enabling/disabling Idle Skipping in Dolphin General
I o'cked my CPU to 3.7Ghz and now it seems to be fine with LLE ..

LLE on Thread gives my a better speed in games ..

I also fixed that 60Hz to 50Hz thing somehow with some settings, but don't know how ..