Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Overclock my old Cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a really old Pc, and I would like to overclock my Cpu so that I can play at least Luigi´s Mansion at full speed.
Pc:
Cpu: Amd Athlon 64 x2 3800+ (2x2.0Ghz)
Gpu:Nvidia Geforce gt 330
Motherboard:ASRock> ALiveDual-eSATA2
Can someone give my a guide how to overclock it ,and
what do you think is it worth to overclock my Cpu , so that I can play Luigi´s Mansion hopefully .

(just don´t write:hey buy a new system ,yours is old , and so on), I´m going to do it , but I would like to know if I can play Luigi´s Mansion till then. Tongue
faithfully,davidruffy Big Grin

edit:I tried to Overclock it to 2.4 Ghz today , but I did something wrong and I dowclocked it to 1.27 Ghz (facepalm) . Tongue
(03-27-2013, 07:14 AM)davidruffy Wrote: [ -> ]just don´t write:hey buy a new system ,yours is old , and so on

And yet I'll write it Big Grin .
More seriously you'll have to get a better system if you wanna play this game and other ones in the best conditions.
Yours will be a bit weak even if this game isn't really demanding
What speeds are you getting now? That will give us an idea if OCing is enough for this particular game.
Yeah don`t worry , I`ll buy one. I just wanted to know if I can play it till then
(03-27-2013, 07:14 AM)davidruffy Wrote: [ -> ]just don´t write:hey buy a new system ,yours is old , and so on

And yet I'll write it Big Grin .
More seriously you'll have to get a better system if you wanna play this game and other ones in the best conditions.
Yours will be a bit weak even if this game isn't really demanding
[/quote]
Post a picture of your motherboard bios
Quote:I would like to overclock my Cpu so that I can play at least Luigi´s Mansion at full speed.
This is not possible
You'll need to OC to 2.8GHz+ if you want to play LM at full speed .
Set CPU - NB Link Speed to 800MHZ, if you have 800MHZ RAM set Memory Clock to 667MHZ, set Overclock Mode to CPU, PCIE, Async., set CPU Frequency to desired value. If you go past 250MHZ you'll have to lower the NB and RAM speed to keep them under their stock speeds.
[img][Image: DSC_0089.jpg] free image hosting[/img]

[img][Image: DSC_0090.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: DSC_0091.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: DSC_0092.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: DSC_0093.jpg][/img]
The third picture (Advanced - CPU Configuration) you need to capture the whole screen or i can't see it
I only need that pic
[img][Image: DSC_0089.jpg][/img]
Please note that i won't take any responsibility if your PC is blown up . Overclocking requires luck as well

+Overclock Mode : Manual

Step 1 : Try to overclock this baby to 2.25GHz first . If your CPU is still stable after restarting and logging in windows then go to step 2
Set :
_CPU Frequency = 225MHz

You will have 225MHz x 10 (Multiplier) = 2250MHz ~ 2.25GHz

Step 2 : Try to overclock this CPU to 2.4GHz
Set :
_CPU Frequency = 240MHz
_You have 2 options :
1)Leave Multiplier/Voltage as Auto . Save and restart . Run Dolphin and check your CPU clock speed with CPU-Z . If nothing went wrong then you would not need to choose the second option
2)Change Multiplier/Voltage : Voltage = 1.35 (+0.05 ) or 1.4 (+0.1)

You will have 240 x 10 = 2400MHz ~ 2.4GHz

Or you might lower multiplier to 9x :
267 x 9 = 2403MHz ~ 2.4GHz

DO NOT attempt to go higher ( 2.6GHz+) or you will need insane voltage that is high enough to destroy your CPU
High Voltage is very dangerous , try to keep 1.35V-1.4V as possible
Pages: 1 2