Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to load games in SVN 3661
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when trying to load an ISO in the 3661 version for Windows XP 32bit sends me the following message: FAILED TO GRAB 1GB OF CONTIGUOUS MEMORY ! ETC...

Attached screenshot. Huh

Phenom x4 9550, 2GB ram, ati 2600XT Catalyst 9.6, XP PRO SP3, NOD32 4 SS

My virtual memory maximum sizes 4000GB

I tring to use old version of Dolphin and New 3851 --- same problem .... !!!

ZachSka87

Virtual memory is NOT RAM and for the purposes of the emulator cannot act as RAM. How much RAM do you actually have installed in your box?

Make sure your box meets the specs at the post below. Smile

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html

(07-20-2009, 06:36 AM)tedy2222 Wrote: [ -> ]when trying to load an ISO in the 3661 version for Windows XP 32bit sends me the following message: FAILED TO GRAB 1GB OF CONTIGUOUS MEMORY ! ETC...

Attached screenshot. Huh

Phenom x4 9550, 2GB ram, ati 2600XT Catalyst 9.6, XP PRO SP3, NOD32 4 SS

My virtual memory maximum sizes 4000GB

I tring to use old version of Dolphin and New 3851 --- same problem .... !!!

Sorry, just saw your specs, it's late and I am blind. I see you've 2GB of RAM? Keep in mind that the game needs 1GB of contiguous space. Try clearing some startup items out of msconfig and rebooting with minimal processes in the background.
i have 2GB DDR2 Tongue . I reboot windows, shutdown antivirus, fisicalmemory : 1.5GB Huh
use ati catalyst 9.3, 9.4 and later have a memory leak Smile
(07-21-2009, 12:11 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]use ati catalyst 9.3, 9.4 and later have a memory leak Smile

Somehow methinks that is not the source of the problem. Sure there is the memory leak but that is not what is causing his issue.

You might just need to get more RAM. Although I'm not sure why Dolphin NEEDS to grab 1GB of contiguous memory. Check how much RAM you are using before launching Dolphin. If it's over 1GB you might need to get more RAM.
(07-20-2009, 09:26 PM)tedy2222 Wrote: [ -> ]i have 2GB DDR2 Tongue . I reboot windows, shutdown antivirus, fisicalmemory : 1.5GB Huh

when I start windows I have 1.5 GB of available physical RAM. And install the drivers for earlier versions of the card that is recommended?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
En español pues : cuando inicio windows tengo disponibles 1.5 GB de memoria RAM fisica.

Gracias.
Solved my problem Uninstalling Internet Explorer 8. Update de catalys to 9.7 .

Thanks for your help and hope to continue to improve the emulator.

Note: nothing is equal to the Wii but it's better to be a console around.

TRANKS for allBig Grin