Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rebecca Ashford

Read the read first topic though im not sure if my pc sucks I can play Pokemon Colleseum almost prefectly and then video at the begining of Re-dc ran flawlessly and the game itself fine till the first zombie appeared so hopefully theres a way to get the game itself decent

Pc specs

Windows Xp x86

Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz

intel g33 g31 express chipset family

2.20GHz,2.99 GB of Ram
I'm using Dolphin-3.5-x86

I don't know alot about configuring the emulator so hopefully its not hopeless
Your PC is far too weak to run most games at full speed. You can read this and use the settings that it suggests, but it won't help you all that much. You really need an entire new PC if you intend on emulating Gamecube or Wii games properly. You can read this for an idea of the recommended PC hardware needed.
(03-23-2013, 02:17 PM)Rebecca Ashford Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know alot about configuring the emulator so hopefully its not hopeless

Trust me, I have the exact same specs for our shared family computer; it's hopeless. There are some things you can do (as Starscream pointed out) but this is a computer circa '07 designed for the normal everyday computing uses of your average user. It's not designed for gaming. The IGP (Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset) will bottleneck your performance even at 1x IR (GC/Wii native resolution) so you probably won't even be able to reach fullspeed in quite a number of games.

I pointed out to my dad yesterday that it's about time for a hardware upgrade, and we don't even use Dolphin on that machine, so if you're interested in seriously playing Dolphin, look into getting something new. We can help you find the best hardware for your price range if you're interested.

Rebecca Ashford

(03-23-2013, 03:26 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2013, 02:17 PM)Rebecca Ashford Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know alot about configuring the emulator so hopefully its not hopeless

Trust me, I have the exact same specs for our shared family computer; it's hopeless. There are some things you can do (as Starscream pointed out) but this is a computer circa '07 designed for the normal everyday computing uses of your average user. It's not designed for gaming. The IGP (Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset) will bottleneck your performance even at 1x IR (GC/Wii native resolution) so you probably won't even be able to reach fullspeed in quite a number of games.

I pointed out to my dad yesterday that it's about time for a hardware upgrade, and we don't even use Dolphin on that machine, so if you're interested in seriously playing Dolphin, look into getting something new. We can help you find the best hardware for your price range if you're interested.

well I'll probaly will wait till I have more money coming in and get a good pc though getting a wii might be a better fix