Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wanted: nice video showing how to dump games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't really looked on the internet yet so I don't know if any good videos exist about that. I'd like to add it somewhere on our website, probably in the FAQ, and link it on our FB account (several people have asked us how to properly dump games, and "use cleanrip" is not enough help for most people).

It would need to have at least the following info:

- What exactly needs to be downloaded
- How to run it, assuming the Wii is not softmodded (it should be ok to assume System Menu 4.3 is installed though, so bannerbomb is a possibility)
- How to use it

And it needs to look as good as possible: no bad music (having detailed audio explanations recorded with a good mic would be nice), high quality recording of both desktop and wii, etc.

If you know a video that has everything I want, please link it. Otherwise, if you know how to make nice videos, having a tutorial video telling how to dump games would be a very useful asset.

Thanks!
(03-23-2013, 10:04 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't really looked on the internet yet so I don't know if any good videos exist about that. I'd like to add it somewhere on our website, probably in the FAQ, and link it on our FB account (several people have asked us how to properly dump games, and "use cleanrip" is not enough help for most people).

It would need to have at least the following info:

- What exactly needs to be downloaded
- How to run it, assuming the Wii is not softmodded (it should be ok to assume System Menu 4.3 is installed though, so bannerbomb is a possibility)
- How to use it

And it needs to look as good as possible: no bad music (having detailed audio explanations recorded with a good mic would be nice), high quality recording of both desktop and wii, etc.

If you know a video that has everything I want, please link it. Otherwise, if you know how to make nice videos, having a tutorial video telling how to dump games would be a very useful asset.

Thanks!
Does it have to be something that runs on the wii? I have a setup that runs on my pc and works extremely well including dual layer games. I could write that up including hardware makes & models, software names and revs, etc.