Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Pro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was sitting here bored, and starting sifting through the dolphin forums when I found a few topics on "Dolphin Pro". Developers, do go on, I am curious as to what Dolphin Pro really is. I found a few threads but I would like to inquire into some more detail. I want some details from developers of dolphin. I was reading that Dolphin Pro is jjjjuuuuuuuuuuuuusssttt starting to get going on Wii U emulation - a few games can boot at best. What kind of system will be needed to run Wii U games. I have: i7 3930K OC 4.6GHz 32GB DDR3 and Radeon 7970 1GHz. Can I run Wii U? Also, I was reading that the current Dolphin 3.5 code is very inefficient because it started in 2003. Is dolphin pro a complete overhaul/from-scratch remake of Dolphin. Is it being rebuilt for todays coding techonology and knowledge from the ground up? That's what I am understanding. Is this the case? What new features will be added to dolphin pro? Oh... and when is dolphin pro actually coming out? A year or two. Will it be able to take advantage of 4 cores, or even six like what I have, or will it always be three threads like dolphin is? I also want to know, will the whole music issue be fixed on HLE emulation, so games like SMG can use HLE without the music stopping in the middle. Will the new dolphin pro be coded to be less demanding then the current dolphin. What are all the main differences going to be between the dolphin we have now, and dolphin pro? CAn I get some answers from some long-time dolphin developers, or from someone omniscient like NaturalViolence???
The first rule of Dolphin Pro is: You do not talk about Dolphin Pro.
The second rule of Dolphin Pro is: You do not talk about Dolphin Pro.
Dolphin Pro "just starting" on WiiU emulation? Maybe 6 months ago...