Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my PC run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ImShady58

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

4.0 GB of RAM (3.0 Usable minus 512 MB (for GPU) so it is 2.5 GB)
AMD A4-5300 3.4 GHz
AMD Radeon 7480D

Games I would run:

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes
WWE Day of Reckoning
WWE Day of Reckoning 2
WWE Wrestlemania 18
WWE Wrestlemania 19
You're not going to be able to run very many games full speed with that machine.

ImShady58

(03-20-2013, 02:17 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You're not going to be able to run very many games full speed with that machine.
But can I run the games said? Those are the games that I am interested in. I have already dumped Metroid Prime and it seems to run well on DirectX 9 Mode but the sound is unbearable. With sounds, it slows down overall performance but without it, it does real well.
For Metroid Prime, you shouldn't need LLE audio if you're using a version that's 3.5-77 or higher. There may be some residual issues (popping, cracking at times) but from what I've experienced so far, audio is more or less perfect in newer revisions with HLE audio. This, of course, assumes you're getting fullspeed in the game. With your CPU, that might be hard to due since this is a demanding game. OCing your CPU would make the situation better and more bearable (but perhaps not quite perfect) since it takes a decent amount of processing power to run this game constantly at 60/50 FPS (NTSC/PAL respectively).

MP2 is just as demanding, though I've yet to test this myself (much less beat that game). I have no idea if the GC Wrestlemania games are as demanding as the Wii ones (which are notorious for the CPU power required to run them). My guess would be that you should do fine with them, but that's just guessing :p
His CPU single threaded performance is terrible . In term of CPU performance , A4 5300 is on par with Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.0GHz which is slow
And his CPU does not have "K" letter . Trinity doesn't work with K10stat overclocking software
(03-20-2013, 03:23 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea if the GC Wrestlemania games are as demanding as the Wii ones (which are notorious for the CPU power required to run them)

They aren't less demanding.

Btw I don't think it's been re-fixed in recent builds so you'll have to use builds including "DORfix" (between 3.0-721 and 3.0-766) to get Day of Reckoning 1/2 to work
(03-20-2013, 10:44 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Btw I don't think it's been re-fixed in recent builds so you'll have to use builds including "DORfix" (between 3.0-721 and 3.0-766) to get Day of Reckoning 1/2 to work

ARAM-DMA (what was responsible for the WWE DoR games working) was merged back in to master with the FIFO-BP branch. So, current master will work with those games.
(03-21-2013, 02:03 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2013, 10:44 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Btw I don't think it's been re-fixed in recent builds so you'll have to use builds including "DORfix" (between 3.0-721 and 3.0-766) to get Day of Reckoning 1/2 to work

ARAM-DMA (what was responsible for the WWE DoR games working) was merged back in to master with the FIFO-BP branch. So, current master will work with those games.

OK. Then we should update the Wiki/game threads with this