Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin audio ahead of video (v3.5-367)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm in a bit of a situation here with Dolphin 3.5-367 x64. Whenever I play games like Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom and Star Fox Assault, the audio is way ahead of the video (meaning it's out of sync). I've tried nearly everything (e.g V-Sync, Framelimit) but none of them work. I really want to play these games on my pc without having to softmod or hardmod my wii to play these games.
The first thing to do is to not download Dolphin from the site you got it from and download the latest development build from the official download site here -> http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(03-19-2013, 05:27 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing to do is to not download Dolphin from the site you got it from and download the latest development build from the official download site here -> http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Oh, I made a mistake on the last post. I meant the video is ahead of the audio. Say I'm playing Spongebob and the Nick Games logo comes on (the one with the orange Space Invader type thing). Mr.Orange Game (my new name for him) will come out a few seconds earlier than the sound. Am I doing something wrong. Because I downloaded the latest official development build from your link and it still didn't work.
Quote:the audio is way ahead of the video (meaning it's out of sync
Does the game run at full speed ? (without any slowdown)
Arc of Fantasia also need to be run at full speed . Otherwise, the audio is out of sync
Try to overclock your CPU
(03-20-2013, 02:37 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:the audio is way ahead of the video (meaning it's out of sync
Does the game run at full speed ? (without any slowdown)
Arc of Fantasia also need to be run at full speed . Otherwise, the audio is out of sync
Try to overclock your CPU
Yes, the spongebob game is running at full speed (at cutscenes at least) but still video ahead of audio. Do I still need an overclocking program?
Are you using the OpenAL audio backend? If you are, check the latency slider in the audio settings window.
(03-20-2013, 05:55 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the OpenAL audio backend? If you are, check the latency slider in the audio settings window.
I am and I set the audio latency to 30. But still, no luck.
Ok, I did a bit of fiddling around with the DSP settings and now it's only a little out of sync but it's still noticeable. So, what do I need to do now? If your suggestions don't work then I'll try overclocking my PC. Wink
Try using XAudio2 backend and see if its still out of sync if so try DSound
Have you also tried setting the frame limiter to audio?