Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker grey screen after first dungeon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get a grey screen after I step into the wind after defeating the first boss. I did the save state right as it lifts me up so I cannot save to the memory card and reload the game legitly that way.

I've tried the Item Hang patch and also tried messing around with EFB copies / EFB disabled, virtual, and real. I've also tried limiting FPS by various amounts because that fixed a similar glitch for me earlier.

Anyone know a combination of settings that might fix this? Would the fact that its a save state have anything to do with it (Does saving to the memory card produce safer results when loading)? Is there a way to download a save state or file after the first boss?

Settings:
Direct3D11. 4x Internal Res. 4x Anisotropic Filtering. Scaled EFB Copy checked.
EFB Copies disabled. Texture cache fast. External Frame Buffer Disabled.
Yeah, don't use savestates, they cause issues like this. Save with the in-game memory card only. There is no way to recover from this other than to start the game over.
And have a look to the official game thread http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-...ker--25929
(03-19-2013, 05:22 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, don't use savestates, they cause issues like this. Save with the in-game memory card only. There is no way to recover from this other than to start the game over.
Luckily I had another savestate at the beginning of the dungeon so i don't have to restart entirely.

Thnx for the reply

Sukebei

(03-19-2013, 05:22 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]There is no way to recover from this other than to start the game over.

Hi there,
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but this page is the top result (at least in my area) when searching about this issue, and I just wanted to clarify this,

From my tests, it seems to happen only if you loaded from a save state IN the last boss room, I had a save state just out the door, and entering from that worked fine. One thing I did find, was that after finishing the boss fight, after walking around for a while the screen would go blank and I could only see the map (which confirmed I was still moving), however I did change some settings (including to experimental ones) when trying to get around this bug initially, which could be the cause of it, but I haven't tested beyond that so I'm not sure. Reloading fixed the black screen issue temporarily, but it comes back randomly afterwards.
This was a useless reason to resurrect an old thread. Bottom line, save states can cause buggy results. You can try to narrow it down, but it really doesn't matter. You're going to experience good, or buggy results in any number of scenarios. The best advice is to use the saves from the memcards. And a lots changed in almost 4 years, so you really should post a new thread.
Please read our rules about necroposting:

Quote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

Closed.