Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems loading textures in Twilight Princess [USA GCN]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I've gotten Dolphin and several copies of my Gamecube games because the idea of higher quality picture, not having to deal with a gameshark for messing around with cheats and texture packs appealed to me. The problem is for some reason I do not know, Twilight Princess won't load up the textures.

I know how to dump and load textures and I have gotten it working without a problem in Windwaker [USA GCN], Starfox Adventues [USA GCN] and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door [USA GCN]. I managed to change the colour of Tetra's scarf, Krystal's fur and the Paper Mario logo on the start screen. The one thing I can't change for some reason is Midna's texture in Twilight Princess [USA GCN].

I first started off with dumping the textures, then finding the one I wanted (there were a few Midna textures for some reason) and editing it. I saved it the same way I did with the others, as a PNG (and also as a TGA just to make sure). I then placed the texture in it's appropriately named folder within User/Load/Textures/GZ2E01. The folder name was the same as it was in the dump folder.

However for some reason even though custom textures were enabled there was no visible difference in the game.

I originally had texture cache set to safe though also tried it on fast. I downloaded Insaneslug's HD texture pack to see if that would work, renamed the game code at the start of his Midna texture to match my one (GZ2E01 in this case) and placed it in the correct folder. I even created a folder inside that called Personage and put an extra copy of the texture in there to match the file structure as it was in the pack. No luck.

Does Twilight Princess have certain issues with textures at all? Could the copy of the game I downloaded be flawed? (my CD drive can't rip my Wii copy of the game so I downloaded the gamecube iso instead. I own working physical copies of the games I downloaded with the technical exception of TP where I own the Wii version and have the gamecube iso for controller preference).

Can anyone help?
Aleitheo Wrote:Could the copy of the game I downloaded be flawed? (my CD drive can't rip my Wii copy of the game so I downloaded the gamecube iso instead. I own working physical copies of the games I downloaded with the technical exception of TP where I own the Wii version and have the gamecube iso for controller preference).

Downloading games is against the rules, whether or not you own the physical disc.

Closed.