Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU isnt selectable in Adapter box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

theredpikmin

Hi DF. First time posting Big Grin

So, probably like many of you, as my hardware adapter I prefer using my GPU over integrated. Well, for some reason Dolphin has trouble finding my GPU. It seems that whenever I load up Dolphin, my graphics card is either selectable or it isn't. Its either the only option in the selection box, or its not there at all. I really have no idea why I cant just select between Integrated and GPU, like normally.
This is a problem that Ive always dealt with but lately its been going more out of hand. Any guesses? Huh
It will display and use whatever display adapters the system reveals to it. You need to disable (or change priorities whatever, depends on motherboard) your integrated GPU so that the real GPU is used primarily.
Same problem for me, Asus G46VW, GTX 660M & Intel 4000

In normals games I know that this this the GTX which is running the game, but with the emulation i'm not sure

theredpikmin

(03-18-2013, 06:23 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]It will display and use whatever display adapters the system reveals to it. You need to disable (or change priorities whatever, depends on motherboard) your integrated GPU so that the real GPU is used primarily.
That makes sense. I also think that my laptop may disable Nvidia graphics if its unplugged to save energy...Ill test it out.
Thanks!
All you have to do is to config Nvidia Control Panel
Unlike desktop logic , the integrated GPU (laptop) is used all the time except for gaming . If you dare to disable it , your laptop display will fuck up and you will have black screen