Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Notebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello ,I'm going to buy a notebook and i would like to know if i can run dolphin without lags.

LAPTOP: Lenovo y500 gaming Notebook
Intel Core i7 3630qm 4x 2.4-3.4 Ghz
(SLI)Nvidia GeForce Gt 650m (2024) MB
8 GB Ram
1Tb HDD + 16 GB SSD

I would like to play games like Zelda WW , Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Galaxy

I hope you can help me
faithfully, davidruffy Smile
Zelda WW should work fine, you'll get lags on SMG, don't know about DKC though Undecided
(03-17-2013, 10:38 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Zelda WW should work fine, you'll get lags on SMG, don't know about DKC though Undecided
Thanks for your reply!
Your CPU will be too weak for the most demanding games (and if you use LLE) but a lot of games will work fine
Oh ok , what I forgot to ask , does Dolphin use Hyper Threading ? Huh
Nope. Dolphin is a dual core application. It can use three cores with LLE on thread.
(03-27-2013, 06:45 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Dolphin is a dual core application. It can use three cores with LLE on thread.
OK, thanks for your reply
(03-17-2013, 11:58 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU will be too weak for the most demanding games (and if you use LLE) but a lot of games will work fine
Pretty sure using LLE is a moot point now that HLE is pretty much fixed.
(03-27-2013, 07:56 AM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2013, 11:58 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU will be too weak for the most demanding games (and if you use LLE) but a lot of games will work fine
Except that its not. It's only fixed for AX. So not for SMG or MKDD or anygame that uses zelda ucode.
(03-27-2013, 08:19 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013, 07:56 AM)nintendo_nerd Wrote: [ -> ]
Except that its not. It's only fixed for AX. So not for SMG or MKDD or anygame that uses zelda ucode.

This. And some games still work better with LLE than with HLE
Pages: 1 2 3